The Student Room Group

How to get over you're not a 10/10?

I'm fairly good looking, big built, muscular. The only thing which get's me down that I'm not as good looking as some other guy's who have 10/10 faces, e.g. Ronaldo, Zayn Malik etc, who girls would be all over.

How do you guys get over this? I can pull girls as I have already, just I hate the fact that I'm not a top good looking guy.

Scroll to see replies

Zayn lol

Just get over it, it's not all about 10/10, 8-10/10 can still pull the same type of girls.
Reply 2
You cannot. Human physiology dictates that Females are hard-wired to be attracted to men with good-looking faces. Thus, meaning your 'ugly' genes are not passed to the offspring.
Reply 3
Original post by Shadoo
You cannot. Human physiology dictates that Females are hard-wired to be attracted to men with good-looking faces. Thus, meaning your 'ugly' genes are not passed to the offspring.

I never said I was ugly, I just don't have a highly attractive face like models and the likes.
You're not perfect. But no one's perfect. Easy to get over it
Reply 5
Don't worry about your face. In terms of physical attractiveness, body >>>>>>>>>>> face for me. If you're well built, muscular, strong, I'll marry you. :colondollar:

Seriously, face is nothing to worry about. As long as it's not hideous, I don't mind, body is way more important. Most people don't have model-like faces, that doesn't mean they can't be hot. I know someone who I find super hot, his body is amazing, but his face is nothing special, and he gets loads of girls.
Reply 6
get an ugly friend.
Original post by Treeroy
Don't worry about your face. In terms of physical attractiveness, body >>>>>>>>>>> face for me. If you're well built, muscular, strong, I'll marry you. :colondollar:

Seriously, face is nothing to worry about. As long as it's not hideous, I don't mind, body is way more important. Most people don't have model-like faces, that doesn't mean they can't be hot. I know someone who I find super hot, his body is amazing, but his face is nothing special, and he gets loads of girls.

He's asking about girls...
Just grow up.

That's advice, not meaning to sound sarky. But you need to have a more mature attitude and realise firstly that there's a hell of a lot more to life than looks, and secondly, looks do not determine your self worth.

The vast majority of us aren't 10/10s, so why should you be any different? Seriously, get over it. This perfectionist attitude is not healthy.
Reply 9
Original post by donutellme
He's asking about girls...

Yes that was fairly evident in his OP... not sure why you're saying that.
Original post by Anonymous
I'm fairly good looking, big built, muscular. The only thing which get's me down that I'm not as good looking as some other guy's who have 10/10 faces, e.g. Ronaldo, Zayn Malik etc, who girls would be all over.

How do you guys get over this? I can pull girls as I have already, just I hate the fact that I'm not a top good looking guy.

Actually you will be surprised to know that there is something quite unattractive about really attractive faces. I don't know...It's weird. For example Douglas Booth, he is a stunning stunning stunning man but there also that element of he is so attractive that it's unattractive.You probably don't understand but it does exist, many of my friends would happily back me up on this. I don't understand myself why this happens but it really does, so basically what I am trying to say is that there is such a thing called TOO PERFECT and most models have it and it's actually not that attractive. Honestly if your tall (the taller the better :smile: ) and have an okay body (Thats another thing guys that are HUGE with rock solid bodies aren't always that attractive, I don't actually know why that is) and have an average face your fine appearance wise (maybe even stunning from someone else's perspective). If you have a brain and speak really well THAT IS BEAUTIFUL. If you are able to hold a good intellectual conversation with somebody, I assure you that you will have no problem at all in life. Oh and just for the record Zany and Ronaldo are really not that attractive...just saying.
Original post by rosebud114
Actually you will be surprised to know that there is something quite unattractive about really attractive faces. I don't know...It's weird. For example Douglas Booth, he is a stunning stunning stunning man but there also that element of he is so attractive that it's unattractive.You probably don't understand but it does exist, many of my friends would happily back me up on this. I don't understand myself why this happens but it really does, so basically what I am trying to say is that there is such a thing called TOO PERFECT and most models have it and it's actually not that attractive. Honestly if your tall (the taller the better :smile: ) and have an okay body (Thats another thing guys that are HUGE with rock solid bodies aren't always that attractive, I don't actually know why that is) and have an average face your fine appearance wise (maybe even stunning from someone else's perspective). If you have a brain and speak really well THAT IS BEAUTIFUL. If you are able to hold a good intellectual conversation with somebody, I assure you that you will have no problem at all in life. Oh and just for the record Zany and Ronaldo are really not that attractive...just saying.

Douglas Booth. OMG. I literally can't handle looking at him.

Also, agreed about Ronaldo and Zayn Malik.
Original post by Treeroy
Douglas Booth. OMG. I literally can't handle looking at him.

Also, agreed about Ronaldo and Zayn Malik.

He beautiful isn't he? But it's the type of beautiful where you have to squint because you can't handle it :laugh:
Original post by rosebud114
He beautiful isn't he? But it's the type of beautiful where you have to squint because you can't handle it :laugh:

this photo kills me: http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/8/81/Douglas_Booth_-_February_2011_-_crop.jpg
I can't look at it and control myself. he's SO hot, too hot, but in a good way :biggrin:
Original post by Treeroy
this photo kills me: http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/8/81/Douglas_Booth_-_February_2011_-_crop.jpg
I can't look at it and control myself. he's SO hot, too hot, but in a good way :biggrin:

Why do that to me? I now have the uncontrollable urge to spend the next half hour of my life staring at pictures of him, Oh and God help me if I start watching interviews *Such a sad life I lead...*. I almost feel like I am contradicting my earlier points but I assure you OP I meant every word I wrote!!
Get money.
This only really matters if you're a woman.
Reply 17
Zayn Malik that don out of one direction? Lol...

Focus on the internal, rather than the external OP
Not everything is about looks. Get over it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Eva.Gregoria
This only really matters if you're a woman.

Sadly that is really true.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending