The Student Room Group

Nervous after being invited to attend an interview !!

Hi,

I have been invited to attend an interview for my sports course. I am nervous at the fact they might not give me an offer.

For people who HAVE had an interview:

Did you pass the interview and get an offer?
What questions do they ask?
How did you dress?
What is the percentage of them giving me an offer?
Was it an informal or formal interview?
Why would they give me an interview instead of a normal conditional offer?

Would really help if someone could give me advice and their personal experience.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Gcseenglish
Hi,

I have been invited to attend an interview for my sports course. I am nervous at the fact they might not give me an offer.

For people who HAVE had an interview:

Did you pass the interview and get an offer?
What questions do they ask?
How did you dress?
What is the percentage of them giving me an offer?
Was it an informal or formal interview?
Why would they give me an interview instead of a normal conditional offer?

Would really help if someone could give me advice and their personal experience.

I'm not doing anything sports related but from my experience, university interviews all tend to be pretty informal. I know that at Imperial people tended to dress more smartly but to be honest I didn't think there ever was the expectation for people to dress particularly smartly. It's not a job interview so you don't have to wear a suit if you don't have to, just obviously make yourself slightly presentable. The main thing they're interested in is you and what you have to say. Make sure you've read your personal statement and that you could expand on anything if necessary and make sure you can answer the obvious questions e.g. "Why this course?" or "Why this university?".
Reply 2
I had an interview for history, it was super relaxed and I got an offer about 2 weeks after.
Try not to worry about it, the fact they are bothering interviewing you shows that they are interested in you! Some unis/courses just choose to interview - it gives them a deeper understanding of you beyond what you wrote on your ucas and gives you a chance to elaborate on that.
Mine was really relaxed, I dressed smart-casual, I guess it depends on the uni but don't worry about going super smart. My questions were really simple, why I want to study that course, why I want to study at that uni, expanding on some of the things in my personal statement, and more about my interests.
Try not to worry about it!! however, it does depend on the uni/course to exactly how relaxed your interview will be. Good luck!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending