The Student Room Group

C1 - graph help please!

ImageUploadedByStudent Room1419184265.973479.jpgThere are 3 points of intersection but I can only find 2, how do I work this question out please.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by GoldGhost
ImageUploadedByStudent Room1419184265.973479.jpgThere are 3 points of intersection but I can only find 2, how do I work this question out please.

Posted from TSR Mobile

How did you find the other two values of x? They're fine, but you should have been able to find the third one too if you solved it correctly. :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by usycool1
How did you find the other two values of x? They're fine, but you should have been able to find the third one too if you solved it correctly. :smile:

The 2 values of x were the same for both of them therefore they must both intersect at those points. I don't know if there is a specific method which I am not using as I can find the third point. I looked in the back of the book and the answer is (-1,-5) but I can't see how they got that.

Posted from TSR Mobile
The 2 values of x were the same for both of them therefore they must both intersect at those points. I don't know if there is a specific method which I am not using as I can find the third point. I looked in the back of the book and the answer is (-1,-5) but I can't see how they got that.

Posted from TSR Mobile

That's what you should have done and you should have ended up with all three answers that way. I'm guessing you divided through by x somewhere as you were solving? Post your working? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Have you considered solving by substitution?
Reply 5
Thank you, I've figured it out now. :-)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
ImageUploadedByStudent Room1419197410.521638.jpg I'm stuck on this one too, I would be grateful if somebody could guide me in the right direction. I'm not sure if it's because I've been doing maths non stop or its a tricky question.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
ImageUploadedByStudent Room1419251244.499718.jpgcan someone help me with this please?

Posted from TSR Mobile
ImageUploadedByStudent Room1419251244.499718.jpgcan someone help me with this please?

Posted from TSR Mobile

This is correct :smile:

ImageUploadedByStudent Room1419197410.521638.jpg I'm stuck on this one too, I would be grateful if somebody could guide me in the right direction. I'm not sure if it's because I've been doing maths non stop or its a tricky question.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Solve this question in the same way you got the first one correct :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending