The Student Room Group

Sad

(Seasonal Associated Disorder)

I think I have it. When it gets darker every year, I get down. And I mean down. I get anxiety, and I just feel very unhappy. It's always around this time of year. Anybody else have it? Got any remedies that work? I had a St. John's Wort tea before and it seems to have had a considerable effect.
Reply 1
My friend has that, he gets really sad in winter for no real reason, even when everything is great. It was only me that really understood it, until i found out that it was an actual disorder! But i don't think that there are any remedies for it...other than a holiday to somewhere sunnier! If your sadness gets a little too extreme then you should go and visit a doctor, get some advice, and they may be able to help you, although it isn't a guarantee. I don't really see how st john's wort tea could help......but if it makes you feel better i guess!
Reply 2
I was really ill all last winter and then when the sun came out, i was fine. My dad always said that SAD was a load of rubbish, but it was him that suggested that i had it. im gona get a SAD lamp this year and sit infront of it for hours...

and OP if you're female and on the pill. st john's wart stops it workin...
St John's Wort is a natural antidepressant...

Have you thought about getting one of those lights for SAD? I think they are quite expensive, but it would be worth it if it made you feel better. Maybe your doctor could advise you on getting one.
Reply 4
You can get a certain type of lamp which counteracts it

Latest

Trending

Trending