The Student Room Group

DC Or Marvel?

Which do you prefer and why?
Reply 1
Both. Marvel for movies (Avengers) and DC for tv series (The Flash/Arrow)
Reply 2
I love both but I prefer Marvel's comics and films but DC's TV shows.
Marvel.

The Dark Knight trilogy has only really been DC's saving grace however overall DC has been playing catch-up to Marvel. The next 5 years or so will see more DC movies so a better comparison could be made then but Marvel's movies (Avengers probably overrated) are epic and strong. Marvel will also have many contracts expiring so i am sure DC will be knocking at the door of Marvel.
Whoever delivers the best. Marvel is dominating films this year and have deservedly have earned confidence. DC have potential, hopefully they will start delivering soon. Their tv shows are doing well.
Original post by scrawlx101

Batman

MArvel

All other DC
Reply 6
do you think marvel will get better tv shows?
do you think marvel will get better tv shows?

They don't need to from a business perspective. I am enjoying Agents of Shield, the first season was a bit of a roller coaster but this current season seems to be better on average.

The thing Marvel has above DC is the fact that they have managed to interlink so many different characters and universes (at least disregarding XMEN/Spiderman) whereas DC doesn't really have that.
Reply 8
i like marvel better each charaxter has its own progression with dc its focused more on groups...very little character progression batman is still a vengeful vigilante and hasnt changed that much whereas wolverine was a cocky guy at first but still needed to learn how to be a team player...
I like both, because DC has batman on the one hand and Marvel has Spiderman and the X-men on the other hand. These ones are my favorite super heroes.
Reply 10
Marvel - but not The Avengers. Hate The Avengers.
DC

Supes all the way!
Original post by Dima-Blackburn
DC

Supes all the way!

be honest do you find supes interesting as a character?

i hardly see his struggles or growth from when i first saw him....
be honest do you find supes interesting as a character?

i hardly see his struggles or growth from when i first saw him....

Yes, I think he's one of the most interesting characters of all time, partially because I relate to his loneliness and the struggle to fit in a community. He's a simple dude trying to lead a simple life as Clark Kent, but he also protects the planet that adopted him from inner and outer threats. He doesn't want earth to end up like Krypton; being the sole survivor of yet another destroyed civilisation is the last thing Supes wants.

I personally don't care that much about anti-heroes, personal growth, etc. To me, Superman is the ideal, perfect man. There shouldn't be any room for growth there.
Original post by Mackay
Marvel - but not The Avengers. Hate The Avengers.

Think so too. Super heroes like Spider man or a crowd of them as in X-Men are nice. But I have my difficults to identify myself with the avengers.

both have their fair share of well written and badly written characters - dc shows and comics are on par with marvel shows and comics but marvel movies are better than dc movies
marvel all the way!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending