The Student Room Group

I Like Him But He's 31...

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Clip
Not ruling anything in or out, but I can tell you from long experience that this statement is probably something that exists only in your mind, and not in reality.

He's a feminist (not why I like him, but very much one).*

*let the Games begin :colone:

**also, see my reply to Plumstone. :tongue:
Reply 21
Original post by Anonymous
He's a feminist (not why I like him, but very much one).*

*let the Games begin :colone:

**also, see my reply to Plumstone. :tongue:

Kill me now.
Original post by Clip
Kill me now.

:lol:

He could not see my being young as a problem though. Idk.
Original post by Anonymous
Thank you :smile: Do you mind if I ask how old you and your bf are? Did he chase first or did you?

I might do... we're already on pretty good terms though, so I'm not sure how to flirt (I can be a bit too full on, which guys my age go crazy for but I'm not sure if a mature guy like him would appreciate :tongue:)

I think that's probably true, he's definitely one of those guys who prioritises a woman's mind, though (feminist, used to work at the Guardian, etc.) I'm not stupid, but I'm far from as accomplished as the women he knows :s-smilie:

I was 17 and he was 29 when we first met. It was definitely a case of immediate mutual interest; I asked him to dance, we chatted and danced, then he asked me out the following week. We were both kind of chasing each other! But I found out how old he was quite a long time before he knew how old I was and I deliberately made it sound like I was older, implied that I was at uni rather than college, etc, in order to hide my age from him....

Now I'm almost 21 and he's 33 and we'll be celebrating our fourth anniversary in January :biggrin:

Now, as for your situation, provided that you're still intelligent and interesting, then there is no reason why you should be any less attractive than any other women, however "experienced" they are. Men all find confidence attractive, so I would say, rather than worrying about whether you're too young, just give it a go and see what happens!
Reply 24
You mention you don't have a degree yet...? What exactly do you take men for? You don't need a qualification to be sexed.
Lol. Us men are the far more lenient sex in terms of attraction, so don't worry overtly. Sure he may not value youth that much though.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by MarriageSucks
Men don't care about accomplishments. Men care about youth & beauty. You can easily outcompete women 10+ years older. :smile:

This lol. Banging a girl 10+ years younger is literally every 30+ guys dream. You got this easy OP
Original post by Plumstone
I was 17 and he was 29 when we first met. It was definitely a case of immediate mutual interest; I asked him to dance, we chatted and danced, then he asked me out the following week. We were both kind of chasing each other! But I found out how old he was quite a long time before he knew how old I was and I deliberately made it sound like I was older, implied that I was at uni rather than college, etc, in order to hide my age from him....

Now I'm almost 21 and he's 33 and we'll be celebrating our fourth anniversary in January :biggrin:

Now, as for your situation, provided that you're still intelligent and interesting, then there is no reason why you should be any less attractive than any other women, however "experienced" they are. Men all find confidence attractive, so I would say, rather than worrying about whether you're too young, just give it a go and see what happens!

Thank you! :biggrin: Aww, that's really cute, have a good anniversary :smile:

How would you mention it to him? I was thinking that, because I'm the younger one, I should just flirt a bit and then let him chase (I'm not great at letting guys know I fancy them anyway...) but maybe not? Lol :tongue:

bertstare
This lol. Banging a girl 10+ years younger is literally every 30+ guys dream. You got this easy OP

das it mane

I want a serious relationship though, not just sex :lol:
Bump

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending