The Student Room Group

Those Who wants to achieve A*-A in Physics (OCR A only)

f)explain what is meant by plane polarised
waves and understand the polarisation of
electromagnetic waves;

Hey Guys I'm going through the syllabus, and I would like to see your answers to this question, and compare answers.

Please no silly comments, just answer the question above and if I get sensible answers, we'll go through the entire syllabus.

If you help me, A*-A is guaranteed...

Thank you
Plane polarised waves only oscillate in one plane.

There is some other stuff you need to know about polarisers.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by morgan8002
Plane polarised waves only oscillate in one plane.

There is some other stuff you need to know about polarisers.

Hi I know that, but you wouldn't get any marks for your answer, I'm trying to improve exam techniques, and I want proper answers, so it can help anyone who's having trouble with answering these type of questions
Original post by neverseenanalien
Hi I know that, but you wouldn't get any marks for your answer, I'm trying to improve exam techniques, and I want proper answers, so it can help anyone who's having trouble with answering these type of questions

That works for the common 1-2 mark questions of this type. For longer(3-4 mark) explain that electromagnetic waves usually oscillate in all planes perpendicular to the direction of travel also.
Original post by morgan8002
That works for the common 1-2 mark questions of this type. For longer(3-4 mark) explain that electromagnetic waves usually oscillate in all planes perpendicular to the direction of travel also.

my aim is to help everyone, but if you don't use technical vocabulary, you'll lose marks, so help me to get other people, so we can go through the entire syllabus :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending