The Student Room Group

Taking the pill without a week break

I'm on Microgynon 30 and I was told by my GP that I could run two packs back to back if needs be for holidays etc. I have one more week left of month 2, but I was wondering if I could take the first week of month 3 along with that then have a weeks break, or do I have to finish the third pack now I've started it?
Reply 1
I think that in general, you should not be looking for any advice on a forum like this other than to just follow what the directions say. Perhaps try elsewhere.
Original post by anonraych
I'm on Microgynon 30 and I was told by my GP that I could run two packs back to back if needs be for holidays etc. I have one more week left of month 2, but I was wondering if I could take the first week of month 3 along with that then have a weeks break, or do I have to finish the third pack now I've started it?

you're fine to just take one week and then have a break BUT you must take your next set of pills for the full 3 weeks (i.e. use a week of your third pack before taking a break)

basically you can take the pill for whatever length of time but you must never take less than 21 pills between break weeks or take a break longer than 7 days

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending