The Student Room Group

Nestle Assessment Centre

Finally! Due to have an assessment centre with Nestle in York, 7th January 2015.

Anybody else got this? Any hints or tips?
Hi,

Not an assessment centre as such but I did a manufacturing summer placement with Nestle in York. If you're going for engineering in the technical interview, make sure you convey that you're strong both academically and practical in nature - taking stuff apart to see how it works/ rebuilding engines etc.

Also prepare NON SCRIPTED answers to awkward competency questions- give a time where youve taken a leadership role etc. Google for more.

My manager told me my practical nature was why they picked me once they gave me the job. They dont want someone whos good on paper, they want to hear about times you just got down to it and tinkered with something for the hell of it.

Good luck!

EDIT- appreciate that this is late but for any other applicants this may be useful, did you get the job?
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by authentic
Hi,

Not an assessment centre as such but I did a manufacturing summer placement with Nestle in York. If you're going for engineering in the technical interview, make sure you convey that you're strong both academically and practical in nature - taking stuff apart to see how it works/ rebuilding engines etc.

Also prepare NON SCRIPTED answers to awkward competency questions- give a time where youve taken a leadership role etc. Google for more.

My manager told me my practical nature was why they picked me once they gave me the job. They dont want someone whos good on paper, they want to hear about times you just got down to it and tinkered with something for the hell of it.

Good luck!

EDIT- appreciate that this is late but for any other applicants this may be useful, did you get the job?

Thanks for the advice! Sadly, I didn't get through.
Reply 3
Original post by authentic
Hi,

Good luck!

I'm interested in doing an intern-ship with them...can you tell me what year you were in when you applied? I take it you're doing a mechanical type discipline since you mentioned engine rebuilding etc? Did you enjoy the placement?

I've done a bit of machining with cheap metals on my degree and got to use some cnc/milling machines and cutting tools/fluids...although this was just for one day so not sure if ill need to do more "hands on" stuff in future before applying :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending