The Student Room Group

Anxiety at University

So,
I've been feeling pretty anxious lately. Everything seems to be building up and I have not been getting much of my work done.
Can anyone else relate?

I've found myself procastinating a heck of a lot. I know nothing about what I'm studying. I get stressed very easily and feel generally quite down about the whole thing.

University was something I worked very hard for and was looking so much forward to. Now i'm finding it extremely hard to get into studying again (after a year out) and just have no idea what to do. Its Christmas break and I feel so lost

Please offer any words of advice, I need your presence at least.
Maybe since having a year out you've relaxed and forgot how hard it all is.

Try speak to other students or lectures for advice. And try get as much of your work done over the holidays but have a rest at the same time :smile:

You can make a timetable if that helps? Just try to relax and have fun but learn :wink:
Reply 2
In exactly the same situation and it just pains me to think I've got 2.5 more years of this. Just going to have to get on it with it as its part of life.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hey have you made any friends on your uni course? I suffer from anxiety too and while I found making friends hard once I had them it got easier. For the studying I find I concentrate and have much more motivation when studying in a group, maybe you could reach out and suggest group studying? I'll be doing it myself after Christmas.
Reply 4
Original post by Pulse.
In exactly the same situation and it just pains me to think I've got 2.5 more years of this. Just going to have to get on it with it as its part of life.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I feel the same way, but 3.5 years more... Ahhh
I just wish it could be over. Sometimes I forgot just how much this once meant to me.. and I just find it so stressful and hard
Hw do u cope?
Reply 5
Original post by SophieSmall
Hey have you made any friends on your uni course? I suffer from anxiety too and while I found making friends hard once I had them it got easier. For the studying I find I concentrate and have much more motivation when studying in a group, maybe you could reach out and suggest group studying? I'll be doing it myself after Christmas.

I do, but not sure if we really connect on a deeper level, its just meetng up for lunch and what not. I dont actually have friends on my course that I hang around with, just people I met at the start of University from my other degree subject. (joint honours)

Whats your anxiety like?
Original post by hijzee
I do, but not sure if we really connect on a deeper level, its just meetng up for lunch and what not. I dont actually have friends on my course that I hang around with, just people I met at the start of University from my other degree subject. (joint honours)

Whats your anxiety like?

Yeah the friends I made on my course I'm not exactly close with but it really does help having them around, and who knows maybe if you put some effort into the friendship it could become great?

Up and down, it's nowhere near as bad as when I first started uni last year but it's starting to get a little worse but for different reasons.
Reply 7
Original post by hijzee
I feel the same way, but 3.5 years more... Ahhh
I just wish it could be over. Sometimes I forgot just how much this once meant to me.. and I just find it so stressful and hard
Hw do u cope?

Completely agree, a gap year to find myself at my dream uni yet its really not what I expected. Personally I'm capable of doing the work and everything by myself, so I cope by skipping as much of uni as I can lol.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending