The Student Room Group

Bad mock results help please??

So i recieved my mock results from november and they're really bad. I don't know if I can still save my grades..
french: f
english language:c
english literature:c
art:c
history:c
biology:a*
physics:a*
cHemistry:a*

i already have an a* in maths and religious education as i took these subjects in year 10. Im just soooo worried about french, english, art and history.. I dont know how i will pull my grades up especially when i have to hand in my art folder end on jan. How do i revise my for weaker subjects?
How much work did you put in for your mocks on your weaker subjects? If the answer is ''very little'', then put some work in and you'll be absolutely dandy :h: . Doing well at GCSE, especially in French and History, is all about regurgitating the facts. Go over the material several times until it starts to stick. At the end of lessons, hanging around to talk to your teacher and ask for extra work sheets will also help :h:
Reply 2
your science seems veeryy good well done on that
this means you should try and focus on these mocks u didnt do so well on
ask teachers if u can go over what u go wrong in these mocks and so u can gain a better understanding of it
each day u til the real ones give a little bit of time to tourself which will help you learn these topics better but dont put yourself down! they are mocks for a reason so that you can improve in time for the real ones

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Original post by Nirgilis
How much work did you put in for your mocks on your weaker subjects? If the answer is ''very little'', then put some work in and you'll be absolutely dandy :h: . Doing well at GCSE, especially in French and History, is all about regurgitating the facts. Go over the material several times until it starts to stick. At the end of lessons, hanging around to talk to your teacher and ask for extra work sheets will also help :h:

Original post by ha27
your science seems veeryy good well done on that
this means you should try and focus on these mocks u didnt do so well on
ask teachers if u can go over what u go wrong in these mocks and so u can gain a better understanding of it
each day u til the real ones give a little bit of time to tourself which will help you learn these topics better but dont put yourself down! they are mocks for a reason so that you can improve in time for the real ones

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you guys :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Nirgilis

i got a*abbcccccf expected all a's and a*s

do i have time left to change my grades around?????? when shud i start
Original post by sumi99
i got a*abbcccccf expected all a's and a*s

do i have time left to change my grades around?????? when shud i start

Between now and your actual exams, the average student increases by 1 grade. If you want to get up to all A and A* grades, then you should start going over your lesson notes now, but juts making sure you understand rather than proper revision. I would then start doing proper revision 7-8 weeks before your exams :yep:

Quick Reply

Latest