The Student Room Group

Why are mixed-raced girls generally seen as being more attractive?

Maybe it's just me, but from what I can see in general mixed raced girls are the most preferred especially when it comes to dating.

EDIT: I only made this Thread as a response to a Thread called '
Why are white (girls) generally seen as being more attractive?

I haven't compared the results of each thread although I can clearly see, both have those in favor and those opposed - Overall I'd say, it's just down to personal preference.
(edited 9 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Yes I do believe they are the most desired. I don't know why but all the mixed race girls that I know do have boyfriends

Posted from TSR Mobile
It's because they are seen as having the best of both worlds. Beautiful skin tone, coupled with the stereotypically attractive black bodies (Ie a nice bum) whilst also having being raised outside of the ghetto culture. Of course there are exceptions to the rule but in general these are the reasons for their desirability.
Reply 3
Original post by Siddiqueahmed
Yes I do believe they are the most desired...

Posted from TSR Mobile

Agree
Reply 4
Original post by BefuddledPenguin
It's because they are seen as having the best of both worlds. Beautiful skin tone, coupled with the stereotypically attractive black bodies (Ie a nice bum) whilst also having being raised outside of the ghetto culture. Of course there are exceptions to the rule but in general these are the reasons for their desirability.

:lolwut: wut.
Original post by Tai Ga

Didn't you know all black people are from the ghetto?

Spoiler

whilst also having being raised outside of the ghetto culture

loled
Original post by Tai Ga

Yeah I expected someone to call me out on that. It is a reason as to why mixed race girls are seen as more favourable to black girls. Not all reasons are based on evidence and logic, but there is a stereotype of black girls being loud, obnoxious and bitchy, whilst I'm sure it's unjustified for the most part (I certainly have yet to meet a black girl who's like that) there is a prevailing view that mixed race girls are raised in a more polite culture. I'm sure it's baseless but that doesn't mean that it isn't believed by many.
SophieSmall that's abit stereotyping don't you think
Reply 9
Yeah I expected someone to call me out on that. It is a reason as to why mixed race girls are seen as more favourable to black girls. Not all reasons are based on evidence and logic, but there is a stereotype of black girls being loud, obnoxious and bitchy, whilst I'm sure it's unjustified for the most part (I certainly have yet to meet a black girl who's like that) there is a prevailing view that mixed race girls are raised in a more polite culture. I'm sure it's baseless but that doesn't mean that it isn't believed by many.

Firstly, people aren't just mixed with black and white, so I have no idea why you brought up black girls considering it isn't relevant.

Polite culture? Elaborate please, what constitutes as "polite culture". Are you making the assumption that because they have a white parent they're instantly predisposed to being more polite? You're essentially insinuating that being raised by black parents would cause one to be ghetto, since we're referring to solely black/white admixture here.

Do you question your own ignorance?
Original post by Tai Ga
Firstly, people aren't just mixed with black and white, so I have no idea why you brought up black girls considering it isn't relevant.

Polite culture? Elaborate please, what constitutes as "polite culture". Are you making the assumption that because they have a white parent they're instantly predisposed to being more polite? You're essentially insinuating that being raised by black parents would cause one to be ghetto, since we're referring to solely black/white admixture here.

Do you question your own ignorance?

As I said, it's baseless. It's a prejudiced view believed by many. I don't believe it myself as I've yet to meet a black woman who falls into the stereotype.
Just because I acknowledge the existence of prejudice, it doesn't mean that I support it.

Seriously? I could not have been more clear in my spoiler that was obviously sarcasm.
Sorry I'm new to this, I only realised after I had posted my last comment
Reply 13
As I said, it's baseless. It's a prejudiced view believed by many. I don't believe it myself as I've yet to meet a black woman who falls into the stereotype.
Just because I acknowledge the existence of prejudice, it doesn't mean that I support it.

Well when you put forward reasons as to why something is the way it is, it's safe to assume that you believe in what you're saying. Perhaps in the future exercise a bit more clarity when making prejudicial statements like that.
Original post by Tai Ga
Well when you put forward reasons as to why something is the way it is, it's safe to assume that you believe in what you're saying. Perhaps in the future exercise a bit more clarity when making prejudicial statements like that.

Do you struggle with comprehension? It's perfectly possible to know what other people think at the same time as not thinking it yourself. He said it was baseless in a previous post, so maybe stop being so defensive?

:rofl2:
Reply 15
Original post by Viva Emptiness
Do you struggle with comprehension? It's perfectly possible to know what other people think at the same time as not thinking it yourself. He said it was baseless in a previous post, so maybe stop being so defensive?

:rofl2:

I'm referring to his initial post. If he hadn't responded to me I wouldn't have known, hence why I said exercise more clarity in the future so that people don't get the wrong idea. Just letting him know why I reacted the way I did :erm:

And no. I don't. Do you?
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 16
Original post by SpaceMon
Maybe it's just me, but from what I can see in general mixed raced girls are the most preferred especially when it comes to dating.

I think there's a few reasons.

they're exotic for one.
i think their a bit more approachable than black girls
black girls tend to want to be lighter skinned and often are ashamed of their afro hair.
mixed race girls regularly have curly hair styles.
most mixed race girls on account of being mixed from 2 different races i think are thought to be more open minded about dating other races. where as white people often think black girls prefer black guys.

i have often heard many of a black male friend of mine say during our teenage years.
"mixed race girls are the best, because they have the body of a black girl but the mind of a white girl"

so i think white girls are seen as sexually quite boring. i mean i guess in an almost 90% white country white is going to be seen as quite common. and then of course there is the stereotypical criticisms of them not being able to dance that well and having quite flat bodies. i mean when your trying to twerk chicken fillets rather than big ol rumps its not really that impressive.

where as black girls are seen has having too many issues. for example a phrase you might have seen that is stereotypically associated with black women is "they cant handle me" which sadly also doubles to translate as "im a problem that needs handleing".

so in short i think black girls are seen as a sexy problem and white girls as pleasant to be with but boring. and then mixed race girls as seen as being sexy and pleasant.

now these arn't my views. these are opinions i've noticed from other people.

but me personally i prefer black women.
Just to be clear, does everyone know that mixed race doesn't necessarily mean one black parent and one white parent?
Reply 18
Original post by CheetahCurtis
Just to be clear, does everyone know that mixed race doesn't necessarily mean one black parent and one white parent?

My thoughts exactly and so I present Kina Grannis.
(edited 9 years ago)
I think mixed race people appear to be more interesting due to the mix of ethnicities and cultures, and that makes them more desirable.

The idea of being 'exotic' is quite appealing to most people, like there's this one white girl I know who simply insists that she is 1/32 Malaysian because otherwise she'd be white and cockney like most of the people in the area.\

Also, a lot of people seem more interested in me when I tell them I'm mixed race (Turkish, Welsh and West Indian - which is quite a mix!)

Quick Reply

Latest