The Student Room Group

Why are mixed-raced girls generally seen as being more attractive?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by Secretnerd123
Beauty is subjective so whats 'hideous' to you could be stunning to another. I've never really seen any truly hideous people in terms of appearance (bar those who messed up their own face using surgery).

So you're saying people with botched plastic surgery can sometimes be ugly? So there are in fact some ugly people out there?

Yes I know it's subjective but I'd say it's a "popularity" thing. I.e. if there was a survey saying "is this person ugly" and 99% of people said yes, granted there are the 1% of weirdos out there (and thank God for them) that find them attractive but they are ugly based on the popular consensus.

Look up the definition of "ugly". Pretty sure it will incorporate the whole "it's subjective" argument.
Original post by Mick.w
ah missfats... still got issues with black people i see...

I was being sarcastic...

You need to learn to read.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Mick.w
I'm not sure where it comes from. I know a lot my friends weren't particularly happy at home. But they didn't want to blame their mother. But it might be that they are put off black women by their mothers. Usually the Freud way of thinking says guys hate their dad and love their mom. But really I think its just your brain realizing your parents succeeded to get you this far so you should try to mimic their relationship. now i'm not saying people do it consciously. but i do think that unconsciously people try to rebuild a nest smiler to the one they flew from. but i think if that nest is a place of misery where your not happy your mind may unconsciously look elsewhere to do something different. maybe a childhood of seeing white 2 parent families and black single parent families on tv has left its psychological imprint. cause i've noticed african guys don't have these issues. all my friends were from some sort of former new world colony. mainly jamaica as im sure you may have already guessed.

but i did notice the black girls at our school were quite outspoken and feisty. whereas the white girls were happy to be passive.

i mean personally i found the feistyness to be an attractive quality. but hey thats just me.

I see what you mean but I notice that this happens with some african and lots of west indian boys. I remember being 15/16 and black boys who grew up in two parent homes and single parent homes both believed that mixed race was perfection so I see what you mean but I'm not sure how true the Freud thing is lol. Also I am a very laid-back person, speak like a 'posh white girl' (private school people prblems eh, lol) and they say I'm pretty and I'm of west indian origin. I am the concept of 'non white female with white girl brain' personified but they were never interested in me in that way.
My point is from a black perspective, I think it is purely down to obeying the colonialized perception of beauty. Any country that was a colony of Britain or Europe for a long period of time suffers from this mentality. Google image a country that was once a colony and look at the people that come up in the images. Then go on to that country's Miss beauty pagent website and compare the beautiful finalists to the images you first saw. The 'beautiful' indians will be light, almost look arabic and the african girls will have 'whiter' facial features than the average and the brazilians will be branco (white), maybe pardo (mixed) but never preto (black).
I'm sure mixed race is just exotic for most white people but whether we like it or not it tends to run a bit deeper for black people. I like your brain btw :smile:
[QUOTE="PrincessAlexis;52416941"]
Original post by missfats

He claims he is white

He said "we tend to be lighter than African" - (Caribbeans).

So I thought he was Caribbean because he used "we"

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 84
Original post by PrincessAlexis
I don't get it myself tbh.

I'm a very light skin black girl who always gets mistaken for mixed (I'm the same colour as singer Sade).

I remember once a white guy walked up to me and said 'are you mixed race' I said 'no' and he walked off.

A lot of people turn off when they find out I'm full black.

It's all very weird.

well cuz it usually means your from high cast slave origin.

i believe the americans call it high yella (yellow).

i think the stereotype of attitude might be founded in the sense that. 400 years of slavery, is gonna have an affect on your family unit. so theres a lot of domestic violence and fragmented family units and single parents in the black community. lots of schizophrenia and bipolar.

mixed race girls even if raised in single parent homes are usually raised by some fat white mom that a yardie gave a hot wuk too. or at least thats the stereotype. but they tend to have less issues than black girls from single black mother house holds.

so i think the common frequency of issues is high enough that this can create the behavior associated with black women that is the "angry black women" stereotype.

so when guys believe in that stereotype it will in their own mind make black women less appealing.
Original post by Steezy
So you're saying people with botched plastic surgery can sometimes be ugly? So there are in fact some ugly people out there?

Yes I know it's subjective but I'd say it's a "popularity" thing. I.e. if there was a survey saying "is this person ugly" and 99% of people said yes, granted there are the 1% of weirdos out there (and thank God for them) that find them attractive but they are ugly based on the popular consensus.

Look up the definition of "ugly". Pretty sure it will incorporate the whole "it's subjective" argument.

IF there was a survey, i'm almost certain the figure wouldn't be as stupid as that. 99% say yes and 1% said no. That would either be an extremely small sample (like 5 people) or a made-up statistic. We all like different things because we're all such complex beings. You clearly have low self-confidence (esp since you made that pretty low jade goody comment in another thread) so work on that instead of calling people ugly.
Original post by BefuddledPenguin
having being raised outside of the ghetto culture.

Lmao, what country do you live in where there is a 'ghetto culture'? Surely isn't England haha
Reply 87
I was being sarcastic...

You need to learn to read.

Posted from TSR Mobile

"your black man, Caribbean means nothing in society" was sarcasm?

so what your saying she's not black and that caribbean means a lot in society? because your being sarcastic?

no i dont think you were being sarcastic with that line. i've read your posts before.
By the way, it may sound like I'm against liking mixed race girls but I'm not. I have eyes so I see that there are some stunning mixed race girls out there but then I think there are gorgeous girls from every single country in the whole wide world.
Original post by Mick.w
"your black man, Caribbean means nothing in society" was sarcasm?

so what your saying she's not black and that caribbean means a lot in society? because your being sarcastic?

no i dont think you were being sarcastic with that line. i've read your posts before.

Wow you cannot read between lines, can you?

I was being sarcastic about the first bit, where she claimed that African's are dark and have afro hair whilst Caribbean's are light etc.

Being Caribbean means little in society, everyone will see her as black, so I don't kno why she's trying to distance herself.

Also, I've never spouted anything prejudicial towards blacks.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 90
Original post by applejuices
I see what you mean but I notice that this happens with some african and lots of west indian boys. I remember being 15/16 and black boys who grew up in two parent homes and single parent homes both believed that mixed race was perfection so I see what you mean but I'm not sure how true the Freud thing is lol. Also I am a very laid-back person, speak like a 'posh white girl' (private school people prblems eh, lol) and they say I'm pretty and I'm of west indian origin. I am the concept of 'non white female with white girl brain' personified but they were never interested in me in that way.
My point is from a black perspective, I think it is purely down to obeying the colonialized perception of beauty. Any country that was a colony of Britain or Europe for a long period of time suffers from this mentality. Google image a country that was once a colony and look at the people that come up in the images. Then go on to that country's Miss beauty pagent website and compare the beautiful finalists to the images you first saw. The 'beautiful' indians will be light, almost look arabic and the african girls will have 'whiter' facial features than the average and the brazilians will be branco (white), maybe pardo (mixed) but never preto (black).
I'm sure mixed race is just exotic for most white people but whether we like it or not it tends to run a bit deeper for black people. I like your brain btw :smile:

Yea I think people really love dark skin and light colored eyes with the curly hair.

and thanks! :colone:

interesting what you say about the post colonial mindset. wondering how that effected the irish. as they are the only white people colonized by britain. so their always a little exception to lots of rules on race and colonialism

so whats your heritage? private school? im guessing maybe rich nigerian? private schools can often be catholic so maybe igbo?
Reply 91

He said "we tend to be lighter than African" - (Caribbeans).

So I thought he was Caribbean because he used "we"

i can understand the confusion. the girl who quoted me ended up typing her reply within what i said.

below is wat apples quoted me on underlined is what i wrote. the rest is all her writing.

i thought you new who you were replying too and that you new she had misquoted.

I think there's a few reasons.

black girls tend to want to be lighter skinned and often are ashamed of their afro hair.

The lighter skin thing I find is true with females of African origin not Caribbean origin as we are often lighter anyway. Secondly lots of black girls of both origins are embracing their natural hair. But in truth it could be suggested that black girls are insecure about their dark skin and afro hair as a result of the fascination black guys have with mixed race girls.

i have often heard many of a black male friend of mine say during our teenage years.
"mixed race girls are the best, because they have the body of a black girl but the mind of a white girl"

I've heard this before and I don't get it. Why would you want someone who has the mind of a white girl when you have the mind of a black boy? (This isn't targeted at you by the way lol) That comment in itself emphasises the fact that you have the mind of a black boy. #slavebrain just saying!

below is my original quote and her response to my quote to which you responded to thinking it was me.

Original post by Mick.w
x.

Original post by applejuices
x
Original post by Mick.w
well cuz it usually means your from high cast slave origin.

i believe the americans call it high yella (yellow).

i think the stereotype of attitude might be founded in the sense that. 400 years of slavery, is gonna have an affect on your family unit. so theres a lot of domestic violence and fragmented family units and single parents in the black community. lots of schizophrenia and bipolar.

mixed race girls even if raised in single parent homes are usually raised by some fat white mom that a yardie gave a hot wuk too. or at least thats the stereotype. but they tend to have less issues than black girls from single black mother house holds.

so i think the common frequency of issues is high enough that this can create the behavior associated with black women that is the "angry black women" stereotype.

so when guys believe in that stereotype it will in their own mind make black women less appealing.

And mixed race girls with black mums?
Original post by Mick.w
i can understand the confusion. the girl who quoted me ended up typing her reply within what i said.

below is wat apples quoted me on underlined is what i wrote. the rest is all her writing.

i thought you new who you were replying too and that you new she had misquoted.

I think there's a few reasons.

black girls tend to want to be lighter skinned and often are ashamed of their afro hair.

The lighter skin thing I find is true with females of African origin not Caribbean origin as we are often lighter anyway. Secondly lots of black girls of both origins are embracing their natural hair. But in truth it could be suggested that black girls are insecure about their dark skin and afro hair as a result of the fascination black guys have with mixed race girls.

i have often heard many of a black male friend of mine say during our teenage years.
"mixed race girls are the best, because they have the body of a black girl but the mind of a white girl"

I've heard this before and I don't get it. Why would you want someone who has the mind of a white girl when you have the mind of a black boy? (This isn't targeted at you by the way lol) That comment in itself emphasises the fact that you have the mind of a black boy. #slavebrain just saying!

below is my original quote and her response to my quote to which you responded to thinking it was me.

You are white tho right? You've said you were white before when you were talking about your bed wench girlfriend.
Reply 94
And mixed race girls with black mums?

well i was talking about common stereotypes that are in peoples heads.

being aware of the ignorance of others is not me endorsing it.

but yea i was bringing up the stereotype.

so i am aware of the obvious existence of mixed race girls with black mums.

You are white tho right? You've said you were white before when you were talking about your bed wench girlfriend.

lol my bedwench girlfriend? (ok so you take issue with something maybe you'd elaborate?)

and yes i am white.
(edited 9 years ago)
No arguments here.

Best of both worlds part black part caucasian is amazing.
Original post by Mick.w
well i was talking about common stereotypes that are in peoples heads.

being aware of the ignorance of others is not me endorsing it.

but yea i was bringing up the stereotype.

so i am aware of the obvious existence of mixed race girls with black mums.

lol my bedwench girlfriend? (ok so you take issue with something maybe you'd elaborate?)

and yes i am white.

No I just remember you talking about an ex girlfriend of yours who ended up becoming a bed wench and came back crying to you.....
Reply 97
No I just remember you talking about an ex girlfriend of yours who ended up becoming a bed wench and came back crying to you.....

lol seen...:bandit:
Also most Carribean girls are lighter because the slave master raped the woman or the irish female labourers were mated with the black men to make more profitable mulatto slaves it's as simple as that. A large amount of them will have mixed ancestry. Add a bit of native american too and you see that wavey type hair rather than typical african hair.

That's not to say that african's aren't light too and even between families there is variation.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Mick.w
lol seen...:bandit:

Or did I lie?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending