The Student Room Group

Law at uni

(edited 8 years ago)
They could be referring to the GDL, which is what I intend to do. Essentially, this involves gaining a degree in another subject ( for me History) and then doing the one year course afterwards. This is particularly beneficial for you because employers see that you have gained a wider skill sket.
Could be talking about the CILEX route? This is where you become a legal executive, which does similar work to a solicitor. I think you have to do it like an apprenticeship in partnership with a law firm and it's like 6 years long I think.
Reply 3
I think (not 100%) that you can either do Law LLB at uni, a straight law 3 year course, or you can do a uni course in something different where once you complete this, you can do a GDL (1 year course) in Law.
To do the traditional law path you'd be required to study an LLB( this is an undergraduate law degree for 3 years).
Then you'd do an LPC To become a practicing solicitor OR Bptc course to become a barrister. (1 year at a law school)
and from there you'd do a training contract at a law firm (2 years)

Or you could study any course at uni and then do a GDl( this is a law conversion course for 1 year)
After that you would complete either your LPC Or Bptc (1 year)
Training contract (2 years)

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending