The Student Room Group

Parents preasuring me to get a boyfriend!!??

I'm only 17 (soon 18) and they feel like I should have a boyfriend or that I should have boys talking to me a lot and asking for my number.

The reason they are like this is because my sister is reaalllly pretty, about the opposite of me. Everyone says that shes pretty, no one comments on me. I don't mind right now about looks. I've accepted how I am. However, my parents won't accept that I'm not my sister so I won't get as much male attentiion!

My mum once asked if I've ever been hit on... I said no, and everyone laughed :frown: I feel so ugly.. guys don't look it me. They've also laughed that I've never kissed anyone. (Btw, my mum is really pretty as well and looks young).

My dad even came up with a theory that the reason I don't have a boyfriend is because I have a babyface. NO I'M JUST HIDEOUS. Also- I'm socially awkward around boys considering the fact I went to a girls school... I haven't had a conversation with a boy since YEAR 6!!!!

Also, my parents have an idea that I can have a really handsome, tall man ... lol its funny actually, I'm lucky with what I can get and if I were to have a boyfriend I won't care about how he looks. I don't even know if I want to get married, I'm a nice person but I'm not pretty. In college I only see the gorgeous girls with boyfriends.

Also- they have this idea that I will have kids and be happily married at 25. What a joke.

Anyone else have this problem? Anyone else the ugly sister...?
17... no. It's a joke. Get the latest edition of my Principia and work it out, dedicate to the world of physics. Relationship's have ruined my life. It is best to stay away now in your age and concentrate on your studies young girl. When you get the grades, let me know.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending