The Student Room Group

Hills Road Sixth Form College, Cambridge Application tips?!

Hi all,

I am applying to Hills Road Sixth Form College, Cambridge which is one of the UK's most prestigious free sixth form colleges and has very good A level results year-on-year.

Does anyone who made a successful application have any tips with regards to interview, application form, correspondence, or anything?

All comments would be gratefully received!

No generic Sixth Form Application tips please: all should be specific to Hills Road Sixth Form College.

Thank you!
My friend goes there... her and her boyfriend got in and to be honest, the reasons are sort of because they were good academically but had serious commitments to acting and music outside of class.

I can't offer general tips but just stress your qualities outside of academia. I go to school in Cambridge too and that's generally what most schools like to see around there to be fair... not sure why but yeah.

Good luck.
Original post by DelReyRevolution
My friend goes there... her and her boyfriend got in and to be honest, the reasons are sort of because they were good academically but had serious commitments to acting and music outside of class.

I can't offer general tips but just stress your qualities outside of academia. I go to school in Cambridge too and that's generally what most schools like to see around there to be fair... not sure why but yeah.

Good luck.

Great thanks!

Original post by djm1999
Hi,

Interviews don't really matter to be honest, they are more informal and they shall just discuss your subject choices with you, they will NOT test you on anything. As for the personal statement as well, I don't believe it really matters either-that is what I have been told, PS just matters for uni tbh. All you need is to be great academically and a big plus is if you are county at a sport or have great extracurriculars (not including Work Experience). For those in the area, you must have 5 B's to be interviewed. Realistically, those who get in tend to have 5+A's, for out of area I am guessing you probably need 5+A*'s?-I am not sure but I know you need to be great to be chosen. Even if you are rejected, but achieve great exam results, there is a chance you will be accepted, as sometimes people in area don't meet their offer standard or they may not achieve that A in the subject that they NEED to study. Therefore there may be some spaces opening up, most likely these will be for those in area that didn't make it in, but if you are an exceptional out of area it could be you instead.

Basically-get good predictions, make a good PS (this probably won't be the deciding factor, but there is no harm making a good one) and finally if you have great EC's then go for it.

Good luck.

Brilliant thanks!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending