The Student Room Group
Original post by rehmanator
i have a maths mock next week which is basically the 2014 maths exam, which hasnt been published. can anyone give me an idea of what to expect and what questions. its is an aqa maths higher, linear; non calculator and calculator.

It is against the TSR rules to tell you stuff like this. Why not try and revise instead of fretting because cheating will not get you anywhere.
i have a maths mock next week which is basically the 2014 maths exam, which hasnt been published. can anyone give me an idea of what to expect and what questions. its is an aqa maths higher, linear; non calculator and calculator.

I would also recommend Mathswatch for you if you do not have/know what that is already. Remember practice makes perfect and the only way to succeed in maths is practice, practice and practice. Use your christmas holidays wisely.

Good luck
Reply 3
Original post by German123
I would also recommend Mathswatch for you if you do not have/know what that is already. Remember practice makes perfect and the only way to succeed in maths is practice, practice and practice. Use your christmas holidays wisely.

Good luck

im not cheating! haha im wanting to know the topics thats not wanting the exact answers jesus! for example do you need to know stratified sampling etc,.
Reply 4
im not cheating! haha im wanting to know the topics thats not wanting the exact answers jesus! for example do you need to know stratified sampling etc,.

For your actual exam, you're not going to be told what topics are going to come out. The mock is intended to prepare you for similar conditions. Wouldn't it be a waste to know the topic, revise only those and get a good grade and breeze through it. Then, when it comes to the actual exam, you'll be unprepared for how much more you need to revise and be unprepared. :smile:

Just work hard, results will come from that. Don't worry about minute details like topics coming out, etc... :smile:

First of all I was on the Edexcel spec and second of all the poster above me said it all. If you want to excel in maths you need to know everything off by heart and that is by practice.

Anything can come up from fractions to vectors. So its best to revise everything rather than sticking to predictions. What you did was kind of cheating as you should not know what is on an exam paper beforehand.
Good luck with your revision.
im not cheating! haha im wanting to know the topics thats not wanting the exact answers jesus!

You are lying to yourself. It is a clear attempt to cheat so I am closing this thread.

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2965305