The Student Room Group

Girlfriend alone at Christmas

My American girlfriend is currently living here in the UK and will be away from her family for Christmas the first time this year. I'm concerned about her as I know she feels very homesick at the moment.

The thought of her waking up alone on Christmas day without anyone to celebrate with worries me a lot and I've invited her to come to mine and celebrate Christmas with me and my family. She appreciates the offer, but doesn't want to impose on Christmas day. I've told her it will be fine, but she still feels awkward about it. I'm not going to push the issue, but she knows the offer is there and my parents are very welcoming - she's met them before numerous times.

So far the plan is that she'll be at mine on Christmas eve and we'll wake up on Christmas day together, but then she wants me to go to my parents and have my Christmas with them, but she doesn't want to come with me. So I'll be leaving her alone at mine for the whole of Christmas day, which feels like such a shame. She's asking me what there is to do on her own, but as far as I know, everything is shut on Christmas day. So she'll just be there by herself feeling lonelier than ever.

Is there anything I can do to make sure she has a better Christmas? I'd hate to be in her position, and would do anything I can to help her.
She won't be lonely if she has a computer and Skype
Tell her if she doesn't go then you ain't either. Emotional blackmail. 😋

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply 3
OP although it is noble of you, if she doesn't wanna go, don't force her. She may think she'll feel worse if she's surrounded by someone else's family and miss her own more?

Original post by HotCoco.
Tell her if she doesn't go then you ain't either. Emotional blackmail.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Urg, terrible advice.
Or maybe ask your parents to come to her place and have Christmas at hers? Then she will have Christmas with you? Kind of a forced Christmas but it's better than a lonely Christmas

Posted from TSR Mobile
Ask the family to come over!
Tell your family to go to yours instead.

Issue resolved.
Go to hers, along with your family.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending