The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Shahida

Thank you!! Of course everyone lies a little on their Personal Satement, and anyone who says they havent is a liar, its just human nature to make yourself sound better than you actually are.

Utter nonsense.
Reply 61
true i never lied.

everything i wrote about my achievements were true, but saying that if one hasn't achieved nothing then i understand that one may need to lie.

however, if your talking about lying about your interest for the subject, i believe that hardly anyone does, otherwise why would they take the subject?

i don't mean to sound harsh, but why paint everybody with the same brush.
Reply 62
Just get working now, and get up-to-date with all the recent medical advances :smile:. www.medscape.net isn't bad for that.
Reply 63
oriel04
i'm sorry blindcandyeye,

where are you applying and what for? :smile:

LOL.

You are so transparent.
Reply 64
oriel04
true i never lied.

everything i wrote about my achievements were true, but saying that if one hasn't achieved nothing then i understand that one may need to lie.

however, if your talking about lying about your interest for the subject, i believe that hardly anyone does, otherwise why would they take the subject?

i don't mean to sound harsh, but why paint everybody with the same brush.

I agree with you.. I did not lie either about my achievments which you can see on the refrence, it's kind of hard to lie about that.. And my intressts were no lie either, like you said, why else would I apply..
And I dont think EVERYONE lies to correct shahia, but people do tend to exaggerate things to stand out a bit more..
Wazzz
I agree with you.. I did not lie either about my achievments which you can see on the refrence, it's kind of hard to lie about that.. And my intressts were no lie either, like you said, why else would I apply..
And I dont think EVERYONE lies to correct shahia, but people do tend to exaggerate things to stand out a bit more..

I didn't lie either. Or exaggerate, really. I don't think I could live with myself if I got into med school on a lie, however naive that sounds.
Reply 66
uhm this is getting lame.. she exaggerated so what? having a go at her is not going to change what she did, nor is criticising her because what is done is done, she can't exactly go rewrite her p.s now can she?

If everyone just sssshed a bit, and spend a bit more time on studies, maybe all of us would get into med school okay!:biggrin: (however unrealistic that is.:redface: )

In reply to shahida, i heard through email, and it is just an acknowledgement email.. i think i said that.. :confused:
LouisaG
I didn't lie either. Or exaggerate, really. I don't think I could live with myself if I got into med school on a lie, however naive that sounds.

Is that Maggie Gyllenhaal? :p:
Reply 68
cis2320
uhm this is getting lame.. she exaggerated so what? having a go at her is not going to change what she did, nor is criticising her because what is done is done, she can't exactly go rewrite her p.s now can she?

If everyone just sssshed a bit, and spend a bit more time on studies, maybe all of us would get into med school okay!:biggrin: (however unrealistic that is.:redface: )

In reply to shahida, i heard through email, and it is just an acknowledgement email.. i think i said that.. :confused:

Exactly.

oops! yeah, i think u did- sorry. :redface: well, all i recieved was a welcome letter and that was from UCas today! when i enter track, it just says ur application is being processed. i have to be patient, i guess.
Reply 69
haha yeah patience is a virtue... whoever said that obviously didnt have to wait for anything!!!! :p:

haha but to be honest it isn't really bugging me out.. maybe because it early days still...(due to bmat exam and publishing of results).. which obv. applies to certain uni's, but three of mine!! so yeah...:cool: plus the fact that i have f**K loads of work to do at school keeps my mind off things...:smile:
Reply 70
ZOMFG!!!!!!!!!1111111111

Mate your a prune to be honest. SoRrY yOu WiLl PrOb nOt bE aBlE tO rEaD tHaT... m8 u is a prune init tbh

The uni's will sniff you out like dog crap on the bottom of a shoe. I am in love with engineering but I don't read all the latest advances mainly because they won't interest you unless you are using them. So Fred, I heard that some new concrete is out which has some new uber bits of rubber in it so it can bend a bit ey? Ace! I think not...

Up shit creek without a paddle is how a northern would describe your position
oriel04
i'm sorry blindcandyeye,

where are you applying and what for? :smile:

well your forgiven, but next time DO GET your facts straight before you start pointing fingers at people. And answering your question, i'm applying for pharmacy and will be applying to Kings, school of pharmacy and St Georges.

Speaking of which is anyone else applying for pharmacy???
Walker
ZOMFG!!!!!!!!!1111111111

Mate your a prune to be honest. SoRrY yOu WiLl PrOb nOt bE aBlE tO rEaD tHaT... m8 u is a prune init tbh

The uni's will sniff you out like dog crap on the bottom of a shoe. I am in love with engineering but I don't read all the latest advances mainly because they won't interest you unless you are using them. So Fred, I heard that some new concrete is out which has some new uber bits of rubber in it so it can bend a bit ey? Ace! I think not...

Up shit creek without a paddle is how a northern would describe your position

omgggg... so jealous you have 3 offers already :frown: congrats!
Reply 73

well, theres always hope................................................

- thats what i have to remember
Shahida
well, theres always hope................................................

- thats what i have to remember

Best of luck :rolleyes:
Not that you need it.....
Reply 75
fonzievision
Best of luck :rolleyes:
Not that you need it.....

Of course I dont.............................! :rolleyes:
BeesKnees
Is that Maggie Gyllenhaal? :p:

It is indeed... :p:
Reply 77
ta shewantstobeme...
Uhhh....okay so that was a dumb thing to do but at least you realised it before its too late-i.e. AFTER the interview! Like someone above said, just read all the medical magz you can get ur hands on and Im sure that'll be enough. Some snobs on here need to shut up and stop being so rude- she did a stupid thing no doubt but youre no one to discipline her- ughhhh...how gay can you get.. :mad:
Reply 79
no its just a stupid thing to do and the unis will see right through it.

Latest

Trending

Trending