The Student Room Group

Help mistakenly applied to postgraduate course instead of undergraduate!

Hi there, I applied to PGDIP ADULT NURSING at UWL instead of undergraduate Adult Nursing. I was rejected by UWL recently and It stated 'I did not meet the specific entry criteria for the course' then I just double checked the requirement and I found it weird since I am currently studying an access course and the grade is not available yet. after checking what was wrong I found out that I had applied to post graduate course instead of undergraduate. I am so angry at myself for not checking the choices that I selected.

Have anyone suffered from similar mistake. if you have then can you give me any feedback on what I can do? Should I contact them and tell them about this? Will they give me another chance?

Please help! :frown:
Reply 1
Original post by Mandyg
Hi there, I applied to PGDIP ADULT NURSING at UWL instead of undergraduate Adult Nursing. I was rejected by UWL recently and It stated 'I did not meet the specific entry criteria for the course' then I just double checked the requirement and I found it weird since I am currently studying an access course and the grade is not available yet. after checking what was wrong I found out that I had applied to post graduate course instead of undergraduate. I am so angry at myself for not checking the choices that I selected.

Have anyone suffered from similar mistake. if you have then can you give me any feedback on what I can do? Should I contact them and tell them about this? Will they give me another chance?

Please help! :frown:

If you only applied to this one course, you can just add another choice on your UCAS form (this should be available in Track, but if not, phone them). You should probably email the uni just to let them know that you applied for the wrong course and will be sending a new application for the correct course.

Have you checked any other courses you've applied to are correct?
Reply 2
Original post by Juno
If you only applied to this one course, you can just add another choice on your UCAS form (this should be available in Track, but if not, phone them). You should probably email the uni just to let them know that you applied for the wrong course and will be sending a new application for the correct course.

Have you checked any other courses you've applied to are correct?

Yes, the other four other universities that I have applied to are correct. Only at UWL I selected PGDIP course ):

What should I do now? Should I contact them and let them know that there has been mistake in my form but wouldn't that make me look a really irresponsible person? ):
Original post by Mandyg
Yes, the other four other universities that I have applied to are correct. Only at UWL I selected PGDIP course ):

What should I do now? Should I contact them and let them know that there has been mistake in my form but wouldn't that make me look a really irresponsible person? ):

Email them and ask if they can rectify the mistake and reconsider you for UG nursing.

These sorts of mistakes happen all the time, and you've nothing to lose by asking

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Original post by Mandyg

Email them and explain the mistake. They might think you're silly, but at least you're taking responsibility and that's good.

Posted from TSR Mobile
No harm in calling/emailing and hoping. Mistakes are pretty common, some would say inevitable, but how you handle them is what sets the organised people apart from unorganised people.
Reply 6
Al-right I will contact them and inform them about my mistake. Thank you all so much for providing me with advice and support.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending