The Student Room Group

What would you choose between love and money?

If you had the possibility to choose between having a life with a lot of money but superficial love and a life with your soul mate but money enough to afford little things like going out once a week for example, what would you choose?:elefant:

Scroll to see replies

Original post by DiaanaE
If you had the possibility to choose between having a life with a lot of money but superficial love and a life with your soul mate but money enough to afford little things like going out once a week for example, what would you choose?:elefant:

Love all the way.
Reply 2
Yeah, love it is.
Reply 3
Money.

I've seen a lot of couples 'in love' but poor and miserable. Of course I expect the young and idealistic on here will overwhelmingly select love :wink:
Reply 4
Love. I'd hate to have an artificial love.
Original post by DiaanaE

I guess love because you can't really buy love as you said in your question(which you probably could in real life).
Reply 6
Love without a doubt. What's the point in money when you have nobody you love to spend it on? :smile:
Reply 7
Love, of course. Come on.
I get both with my boyfriend. :colone:

Just yesterday he asked me if I would still be with him if he didn't have money. I told him if he wasn't as wealthy as he currently is but still had enough to live comfortably then yes, but if he was completely broke then no. Financial security is everything to me. (I asked him today if he'd still be with me if I refused him sex and he said probably not, so we're both equal! :teeth:)

It's money for me. I've never known love for love. Love has always come with money in my life. As I grew up my parents constantly worked and they would give me money to make up for not being around so much so it's all I know. :dontknow:
Original post by Vixen47
I get both with my boyfriend. :colone:

Just yesterday he asked me if I would still be with him if he didn't have money. I told him if he wasn't as wealthy as he currently is but still had enough to live comfortably then yes, but if he was completely broke then no. Financial security is everything to me. (I asked him today if he'd still be with me if I refused him sex and he said probably not, so we're both equal! :teeth:)

It's money for me. I've never known love for love. Love has always come with money in my life. As I grew up my parents constantly worked and they would give me money to make up for not being around so much so it's all I know. :dontknow:

I honestly do not want to be offensive to women, but my biology teacher told us that evolutionary women want security from men, no matter what they say. Do you think this is true?
love, generally - I've experienced how rare love really is to know how valuable it is )especially to a guy like me who is fairly OCD about girls)
but it depends if we're talking about, like, billions of pounds
because if that's the case, I'll take the billions.
Love. Out of all my possessions bought by money like my phone and laptop, the greatest things that make me happy are the things I love like my partner and our cats.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by TheNoobishKnight
I honestly do not want to be offensive to women, but my biology teacher told us that evolutionary women want security from men, no matter what they say. Do you think this is true?

I'd say both sexes want security from each other but women are generally more open about it so it's easier to believe that they want it more. I believe men need women as much as women need men for security.

I'm on my phone now so it's too complicated to find and link here, but I think yesterday or the day before I replied to one of the threads here saying something like when we're younger we (boys and girls) all have our parents to use as a kind of secure base to come back to. When we grow older and our parents become less significant in our lives our SOs take over for our parents and become that secure base. So, whether it's your wife/husband/boyfriend/girlfriend, you're attached to each other because you both provide security for each other.

Also, that question isn't offensive at all. Not to me, at least!
"I don't care too much for money
Money can't buy me love" - The Beatles :danceboy:
Original post by Vixen47
I'd say both sexes want security from each other but women are generally more open about it so it's easier to believe that they want it more. I believe men need women as much as women need men for security.

I'm on my phone now so it's too complicated to find and link here, but I think yesterday or the day before I replied to one of the threads here saying something like when we're younger we (boys and girls) all have our parents to use as a kind of secure base to come back to. When we grow older and our parents become less significant in our lives our SOs take over for our parents and become that secure base. So, whether it's your wife/husband/boyfriend/girlfriend, you're attached to each other because you both provide security for each other.

Also, that question isn't offensive at all. Not to me, at least!

Thank you for such a HQ response without being a bitch about it(like some feminists are over everything). :biggrin:
Tricky as money = jaguar and model looking wife and beautiful babies, occasional cheating with models and whatnot. Low tv time. Status, material. Neighbours rich. Man has more power in relationship as wife needs to remain in marriage for money. More holidays
Love and low money = ford and best friend wife, hopefully not chavvy family but decent backing of relatives, occasional chance of being cheated on with fools and whatnot. More tv time. Annoying neighbours. Wife has more power in relationship. Holiday almost nonexistant.
cant decide then leaning towards money.
Love, I love my boyfriend and wouldn't give him up for any amount of money
Reply 17
I'd go for money. reasons are; money can buy some level of happiness,money can be controlled and you can save it. love isn't secured and it doesn't keep couples together. as long as I understand my man and we both have money, I'll be happy.
Original post by TheNoobishKnight
Thank you for such a HQ response without being a bitch about it(like some feminists are over everything). :biggrin:

:lol: Well I think I'm kind of an antifeminist so I totally get where you're coming from!
Money all day erryday

Quick Reply

Latest