The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry

Applicants for English Literature and Creative Writing at Warwick (2015)

I don't know if there already is a thread for 2015 applicants who aim to study literature and creative writing at Warwick (stalked TSR for hours and still could not find one), so I just randomly decided to create a separate thread.

So, who else is going to study creative writing and literature at Warwick? And who has already heard back from them? ^_^

Scroll to see replies

I applied and sent off my online interview + portfolio but haven't heard back since!
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
Original post by Literature.Freak
I applied and sent off my online interview + portfolio but haven't heard back since!

I assume they're still waiting until the end of the deadline before making any decisions. My application isn't even complete yet, because I am still waiting for my reference -__-''

What did you do for your portfolio? I was thinking of maybe writing 2 short stories, 1 play, a couple of poems and maybe a commentary or something.

And how was the interview? Interviews generally terrify me :/
I've also been looking for this kind of thread but couldn't find one. I sent my application and portfolio and they gave me an offer :smile:
Original post by EllainKahlo
I've also been looking for this kind of thread but couldn't find one. I sent my application and portfolio and they gave me an offer :smile:

Lucky you, congratulations! :clap2:

What kind of things did you do for your portfolio? Still doing mine, but am not too sure what exactly they are looking for/how many poems, stories, essays etc. they want >.>
Original post by I3lackPhoenix95
Lucky you, congratulations! :clap2:

What kind of things did you do for your portfolio? Still doing mine, but am not too sure what exactly they are looking for/how many poems, stories, essays etc. they want >.>

Thanks. They don't specify anywhere how much of anything they want so it is completely your choice what you submit to them. I did various types of poetry, a short story and some other experimental prose. As long as it meets the page count, 10-16 pages, it doesn't matter what you include. Have you sent your application yet?
Thanks. They don't specify anywhere how much of anything they want so it is completely your choice what you submit to them. I did various types of poetry, a short story and some other experimental prose. As long as it meets the page count, 10-16 pages, it doesn't matter what you include. Have you sent your application yet?

Ah ok, thanks, that won't be too difficult then. I finished my application weeks ago, just my referee has not completed my reference yet. -__- I will call my school tomorrow morning to ensure that my former teacher received the ucas email, and then it will hopefully be sorted.
Ah ok, thanks, that won't be too difficult then. I finished my application weeks ago, just my referee has not completed my reference yet. -__- I will call my school tomorrow morning to ensure that my former teacher received the ucas email, and then it will hopefully be sorted.

Yeah, you really want to pester them to hurry up because this course was already difficult to get into. If your application goes through late, that's it. That's why I sent mine in November and annoyed the hell out of my referee, every single day before I even sent it, to get it done on time.
Yeah, you really want to pester them to hurry up because this course was already difficult to get into. If your application goes through late, that's it. That's why I sent mine in November and annoyed the hell out of my referee, every single day before I even sent it, to get it done on time.

I know, it's so extremely unlikely that you will get in in the first place. There has never been any available spaces after the deadline, so I really doubt that there will be any remaining spaces this year. It's so annoying as well that I live in the UK, but my old school (or one of them at least) is in Sweden, so it is generally difficult for me to haunt my referee. -__-''

My reference is literally the last part that I need to complete. Everything else, including my AWARDS application, is finished.
I know, it's so extremely unlikely that you will get in in the first place. There has never been any available spaces after the deadline, so I really doubt that there will be any remaining spaces this year. It's so annoying as well that I live in the UK, but my old school (or one of them at least) is in Sweden, so it is generally difficult for me to haunt my referee. -__-''

My reference is literally the last part that I need to complete. Everything else, including my AWARDS application, is finished.

Well, let's hope your referees send them on time. Deadline is next Thursday.
Well, let's hope your referees send them on time. Deadline is next Thursday.

My application is finally sent off and UCAS is done processing it. I nearly thought I was going to miss it >.> Now I just need to keep my fingers crossed :crossedf:
My application is finally sent off and UCAS is done processing it. I nearly thought I was going to miss it >.> Now I just need to keep my fingers crossed :crossedf:

I literally just came back to this thread hoping you'd say that! Well done :smile: I've got my fingers crossed for you too because I know how hard it is.
Don't know who looks at this but I thought from the website that we would be emailed if they wanted our portfolio/interview but some of these comments made me unsure is that hwk it works aha worried now?
Original post by maryjoselin
Don't know who looks at this but I thought from the website that we would be emailed if they wanted our portfolio/interview but some of these comments made me unsure is that hwk it works aha worried now?

They should ask you for it, everyone has to do it according to their website and from when I asked the department personally.
I literally just came back to this thread hoping you'd say that! Well done :smile: I've got my fingers crossed for you too because I know how hard it is.

I'm just glad that everything was sent on time. Although I still haven't heard anything from them really. They just sent me an email saying that they want my IB transcript, so I sent it to them. How long did it take for you to get an invitation for an interview? And is everyone being interviewed, or just a few they picked? I'm kind of worrying now, but no answer is not an rejection, so there's still hope.
I'm just glad that everything was sent on time. Although I still haven't heard anything from them really. They just sent me an email saying that they want my IB transcript, so I sent it to them. How long did it take for you to get an invitation for an interview? And is everyone being interviewed, or just a few they picked? I'm kind of worrying now, but no answer is not an rejection, so there's still hope.

They sent me an email saying they wanted my portfolio and at the same time they sent me interview questions and said they wanted my answers at the same time as my portfolio within two weeks. I sent it at the end of the two weeks and then I think I got my offer within a week and that was it. They certainly haven't rejected you if they haven't replied yet, only if it says so on ucas will that be the case.
Don't know if this is a stupid question - I got the email about my portfolio and interview questions, but I could have sworn there was something on the website about a critical commentary, only now I can't find the page :/ Did I just imagine it??
Original post by dee-power
Don't know if this is a stupid question - I got the email about my portfolio and interview questions, but I could have sworn there was something on the website about a critical commentary, only now I can't find the page :/ Did I just imagine it??

You're right, there was. But since they took it off, you don't have to include it. They're very flexible with what you want to send them.
Reply 18
I signed up for TSR just to reply to this thread :smile: Sending in my portfolio and interview today, so fingers crossed!
Original post by exhales
I signed up for TSR just to reply to this thread :smile: Sending in my portfolio and interview today, so fingers crossed!

Good luck :smile:

Quick Reply