The Student Room Group

Have I got a chance?

I like this girl who I've spoken to for two years now. We talk more online that we do in person. But recently (two weeks ago), I told her friend something she said about her which was quite rude and she found out. As a result she hasn't been speaking to me since and I've tried to tell her I'm sorry. I've messaged her asking if we could meet so I could apologise, I've apologised loads of time on chat, but she's ignored me every time. We've exchanged personal things about us loads and I've grown an attachment to her and I've established that I really like her - but just haven't got the guts to tell her especially after this.

Any ideas on how I can get back to talking terms with her? And long term, dyou think there's a chance between us now?

Sorry for the long post. Thanks!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ultimatesword
I like this girl who I've spoken to for two years now. We talk more online that we do in person. But recently (two weeks ago), I told her friend something she said about her which was quite rude and she found out. As a result she hasn't been speaking to me since and I've tried to tell her I'm sorry. I've messaged her asking if we could meet so I could apologise, I've apologised loads of time on chat, but she's ignored me every time. We've exchanged personal things about us loads and I've grown an attachment to her and I've established that I really like her - but just haven't got the guts to tell her especially after this.

Any ideas on how I can get back to talking terms with her? And long term, dyou think there's a chance between us now?

Sorry for the long post. Thanks!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

You shouldn't have been a mitch end of. At the same time your friend is being a tad petty. Apologise sincerely and if she still holds it against you, you're far better off mate.
Original post by MissLalaxx
You shouldn't have been a mitch end of. At the same time your friend is being a tad petty. Apologise sincerely and if she still holds it against you, you're far better off mate.

Yeah agreed. I mucked up. I've had that attitude for the past two weeks but I just can't - I hate to say it and it may sound cliché or whatnot but I genuinely think I like her and can't move on. Any advice on what I should do/say to her?
No no no no no and bloody no.

You tell her and she will reject you find it awkward and terminate the friendship.

2 years?! Come on it's too late to make the move, it will come as a shock. Imagine seeing the sun pop out in 2am in the morning..yeah she'll react like that...

Don't do it.
Original post by bittr n swt
No no no no no and bloody no.

You tell her and she will reject you find it awkward and terminate the friendship.

2 years?! Come on it's too late to make the move, it will come as a shock. Imagine seeing the sun pop out in 2am in the morning..yeah she'll react like that...

Don't do it.

Not even attempt to mend the relationship?
Yeah agreed. I mucked up. I've had that attitude for the past two weeks but I just can't - I hate to say it and it may sound cliché or whatnot but I genuinely think I like her and can't move on. Any advice on what I should do/say to her?

Yeah you did but it's good you did because now you'll see if she's an accepting and forgiving person. Know how you feel but feelings fade unless you really have intense feelings for someone. Last week I was feeling like I couldn't go on without seeing a guy and now I'm just like meh. Apologise try calling if she doesn't pick up send her a text. Try to prove to her that you're really sorry for what you did. If she doesn't budge then you know what to do.
Not even attempt to mend the relationship?

No it'll be too awkward. Trust me on this one, it's been 2 years that's a long long time. If she wanted to date you im pretty sure she would have made it happen by now. It's all talk but no flirting so again there's no romantic element.

Listen to me, it won't work if you tell her.
Yeah you did but it's good you did because now you'll see if she's an accepting and forgiving person. Know how you feel but feelings fade unless you really have intense feelings for someone. Last week I was feeling like I couldn't go on without seeing a guy and now I'm just like meh. Apologise try calling if she doesn't pick up send her a text. Try to prove to her that you're really sorry for what you did. If she doesn't budge then you know what to do.

Hmm yeah. Pick yourself up I guess!!!

Tbh, I don't really talk to her in person or phone - just hugely talked online particularly on WhatsApp (hehe). Not really sure what to do. I've apologised twice. First time asking if we could meet not specifying why and second time saying I wanted to meet to apologise. Both times I got ignored. Usually, I'd be like forget it, but my feelings raging for her which is frustrating cus it doesn't seem to be a mutual one...
No it'll be too awkward. Trust me on this one, it's been 2 years that's a long long time. If she wanted to date you im pretty sure she would have made it happen by now. It's all talk but no flirting so again there's no romantic element.

Hmm yeah. She did say she was frustrated when I told her friend and she seemed emotional - I've always sensed she liked me and I always thought she thought the same of me but we never really cemented it. We tried once but nothing really surfaced.

I guess I should just leave it - have an annoying feeling inside I just won't...
Hmm yeah. Pick yourself up I guess!!!

Tbh, I don't really talk to her in person or phone - just hugely talked online particularly on WhatsApp (hehe). Not really sure what to do. I've apologised twice. First time asking if we could meet not specifying why and second time saying I wanted to meet to apologise. Both times I got ignored. Usually, I'd be like forget it, but my feelings raging for her which is frustrating cus it doesn't seem to be a mutual one...

Well I don't know what you're going to do. She could easily block or ignore you on Whatsapp. In all honesty I would be pissed off but something similar has happened to me and I did forgive but I'm naturally too forgiving anyway. It depends if she does have feelings for you she would at least hear you out. I understand but like I said try apologising thoroughly and just leave it. If she replies all well and good if not you'll just have to pick yourself up and try to move on.
Well I don't know what you're going to do. She could easily block or ignore you on Whatsapp. In all honesty I would be pissed off but something similar has happened to me and I did forgive but I'm naturally too forgiving anyway. It depends if she does have feelings for you she would at least hear you out. I understand but like I said try apologising thoroughly and just leave it. If she replies all well and good if not you'll just have to pick yourself up and try to move on.

I don't wanna seem too clingy and don't wanna piss her off.
Problem is, at school there's quite a bit of competition between us and my mates would regularly say she'd get really happy when she'd beat me in a mock or something. She's like the cleverest kid in the school and this year I've been beating her continuously. My head of year said she's getting paranoid you're beating her every time which is a bit awkward :/. Not really sure what to do myself. I've apologised like a billion times already and want to again hoping she responds but afraid she won't again
Hmm yeah. She did say she was frustrated when I told her friend and she seemed emotional - I've always sensed she liked me and I always thought she thought the same of me but we never really cemented it. We tried once but nothing really surfaced.

I guess I should just leave it - have an annoying feeling inside I just won't...

Obviously do what you want, if you feel you can't move on then tell her but beware of the consequences and don't blame her for ending the friendship because a lot of girls do this sadly.
Obviously do what you want, if you feel you can't move on then tell her but beware of the consequences and don't blame her for ending the friendship because a lot of girls do this sadly.

Yeah. I don't wanna seem too clingy. Tbh, when she was really pissed she said she's done with bs and seemed to break it off completely but she's done that before and we got back to talking. Not really sure what to do and if I do talk to her not really sure what to say - apologise again or what...?
I don't wanna seem too clingy and don't wanna piss her off.
Problem is, at school there's quite a bit of competition between us and my mates would regularly say she'd get really happy when she'd beat me in a mock or something. She's like the cleverest kid in the school and this year I've been beating her continuously. My head of year said she's getting paranoid you're beating her every time which is a bit awkward :/. Not really sure what to do myself. I've apologised like a billion times already and want to again hoping she responds but afraid she won't again

If you apologise and leave her alone then you've done right. She seems quite immature by what you're telling me. She's probably used what you've done as an excuse to ignore you. She seems so competitive that she might be trying to throw you off your game. Honestly just leave her not worth all your stress.
If you apologise and leave her alone then you've done right. She seems quite immature by what you're telling me. She's probably used what you've done as an excuse to ignore you. She seems so competitive that she might be trying to throw you off your game. Honestly just leave her not worth all your stress.

Yeah I guess so. Really frustrating tbh - always thought she was unbelievably mature - we've had really mature conversations before but this quite clearly demonstrates the opposite. Real shame. Let's just see where it goes I guess. Hope she messages me saying she accepts my apology aha. Hopes up eh :smile:
Yeah I guess so. Really frustrating tbh - always thought she was unbelievably mature - we've had really mature conversations before but this quite clearly demonstrates the opposite. Real shame. Let's just see where it goes I guess. Hope she messages me saying she accepts my apology aha. Hopes up eh :smile:

I can imagine. You should be glad, you see people for who they really are when everything's not sweet and rosy. Yes! Hold on to hope. Here's hoping she won't just throw 2 years of friendship away over a small situation.
I can imagine. You should be glad, you see people for who they really are when everything's not sweet and rosy. Yes! Hold on to hope. Here's hoping she won't just throw 2 years of friendship away over a small situation.

Here's to hoping eh!!! You too I guess. If you were in a similar situation I should be advising you aha - hope everything ok with you too and really appreciate the advice :biggrin:
Here's to hoping eh!!! You too I guess. If you were in a similar situation I should be advising you aha - hope everything ok with you too and really appreciate the advice :biggrin:

True. I'm fine thanks.:smile: No worries, if you need more advice you can inbox me anytime. Don't think about it too much.

It wouldn't have happened cos girls never make the first move! You're wrong! Go for it OP! Apologiseto her!
Original post by StyleIcon
It wouldn't have happened cos girls never make the first move! You're wrong! Go for it OP! Apologiseto her!

Yeah was thinking the same.

Apologised loads already. Apologise again dyou think?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending