The Student Room Group

I may have a child that I didn't know about.. very complicated!??

Right I will keep this brief as possible. Before I left for Uni (4 years ago) I lived in Harrow (London). About a week before that I had unprotected sex with a prostitute.. by the end of my first term my parents had moved to Birmingham so I stayed there when each time uni had finished for the term. Im still at uni (repeated a year) but decided to visit old friends in London, well after a few days random women were coming up to me saying "Your Latisha's baby daddy" and "You owe Latisha nuff pee in child support". Now the only Latisha I know is the prostitute I slept with so obviously I knew who they were on about but played completely dumb. I have recently found her on fb with pictures of the kid and I really dont know if its mine.. it could pass as mine, but overall I dont care as I cant have this getting out. These women have been harassing me in the street making jokes such as "expect a call from Jeremy Kyle" and "The DNA test shows... you are the father". I haven't heard from the proz but I think its only a matter of time.. so what should I actually do? pack a bag?, find out if theres any truth in the story? I just dont know..

Posted from TSR Mobile

Scroll to see replies

Deny everything.
Original post by Vito Scaletta
Right I will keep this brief as possible. Before I left for Uni (4 years ago) I lived in Harrow (London). About a week before that I had unprotected sex with a prostitute.. by the end of my first term my parents had moved to Birmingham so I stayed there when each time uni had finished for the term. Im still at uni (repeated a year) but decided to visit old friends in London, well after a few days random women were coming up to me saying "Your Latisha's baby daddy" and "You owe Latisha nuff pee in child support". Now the only Latisha I know is the prostitute I slept with so obviously I knew who they were on about but played completely dumb. I have recently found her on fb with pictures of the kid and I really dont know if its mine.. it could pass as mine, but overall I dont care as I cant have this getting out. These women have been harassing me in the street making jokes such as "expect a call from Jeremy Kyle" and "The DNA test shows... you are the father". I haven't heard from the proz but I think its only a matter of time.. so what should I actually do? pack a bag?, find out if theres any truth in the story? I just dont know..

Posted from TSR Mobile

Your options are to try to hide (change your name on facebook, take yourself off the electoral roll, don't go appearing around Harrow etc) which I obviously don't condone, or to simply sit there and wait to see if she gets in contact. If she does for the love of god don't start paying out any money or anything until you've had a paternity test to establish if the child is yours or not. Google is full of examples of people being conned with something like this.
Strong post to username ratio
WOoooooooaaaaahhh! that's some story

As above said, be very careful. Trust no one. It could well be an elaborate con. Spend as little time around the area as possible.
Reply 5
you had unprotected sex with a prostitute? >_>
So you had sex with a prostitute one time, and then, 4 years later, her friends all know your face and who you are and found you in a city of millions and approached you.

seems legit
Reply 7
Well, you can't just take it on faith when a lady of the night sends her promiscuous cabal after you to tell you you owe 4 years' child support. I'd lay low for a while and in another 14 years it should have blown over.
Just wow lol

Ok you either do a DNA test or you ignore them. And use a condom next time
Original post by e aí rapaz
So you had sex with a prostitute one time, and then, 4 years later, her friends all know your face and who you are and found you in a city of millions and approached you.

seems legit

I was born and raised in Harrow.. so yes people know me, Harrow isn't New York.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Oh dear! Like the above have said wait for her to contact you and don't send any money etc unless you've determined that the child is actually yours.
Deny all knowledge, fake your death
Stop giving my hometown a bad name...

Joke I know it's ****
Even if the baby is yours, you don't owe her anything.

She decided to have this child. She did not involve you in or inform you of this decision so she can't suddenly expect you to contribute now. Had you known about this child earlier and you agreed to raise the baby together with her, that's a whole other kettle of fish.

What you decide to do next is up to you. If it turns out the baby is yours, you can be as involved or uninvolved as you like. Personally, I'd want to be involved if the baby was truly mine, it's still my child at the end of the day whether or not it was born out of love.
Original post by und3niable_
Stop giving my hometown a bad name...

Joke I know it's ****

Depends what part of Harrow! Ok I don't mean that as I lived there too.

OP, don't take it seriously (yet). Words and rumours mean nothing and with you not there to deny them for a while things seem to have spiralled slightly. I'd just leave it.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by ThePhoenixLament
Depends what part of Harrow! Ok I don't mean that as I lived there too.

OP, don't take it seriously (yet). Words and rumours mean nothing and with you not there to deny them for a while things seem to have spiralled slightly. I'd just leave it.

Aha yeah just Rayners Lane, South harrow and Wealstone.:wink:
Original post by miser
Well, you can't just take it on faith when a lady of the night sends her promiscuous cabal after you to tell you you owe 4 years' child support. I'd lay low for a while and in another 14 years it should have blown over.

I agree with this one 👏

Posted from TSR Mobile
Thanks mate, needed a good laugh :biggrin:
Reply 18
Had sex with a prostitute that you actually knew.
Went bareback.
She wasn't on any other method of contraception.

Cool story.
Original post by Clip
Had sex with a prostitute that you actually knew.
Went bareback.
She wasn't on any other method of contraception.

Cool story.

Right its really not that hard to believe/understand but I will break it down for you.

1. I've lived in Harrow 95% of my life
2. Prostitute in Harrow has operated the same spot for aslong as I can remember
3.Ive often walked past her while anotger person was talking to her calling her Latisha (so thats how I knew her name and vice versa as she most likely heard people calling me my name)
4. Facebook reveals all and I have 7 friends in common.

better?
Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest