The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Kelv
so u got bbbc, thats good grades, assuming then u can be predicted AAA for A2. dw about being the only person in german, this way u get more help, its like 1 vs 1 tuition. media... well talk to your teacher about it is the best way. i started my biology this year hating it, but then i just went home spent 1 night studied biology hard for 2 - 3 hours, and i understood it, now i love biology classes.

its your last year, work load is of course high, i have to do resits and my A2, so your better off :P its only this year and summer holiday for like dam 3 months, and uni... then its all good. in uni you'll meet loads ppl on your course, which will become ur mates, u will have to manage ur own life (which is somthing i look forward to althought im still living home).

its a hard time for everyone, however if you get pass this step of your life, you'll be fine for the rest of the journey.

to relieve stress, well wat kinda sport do u like to play? also go out with family and stuff, if you're too stressed, which there is no need, you could always give yourself a break.

the few things u must do while ur studying A2, are completing coursework deadlines, finish ucas, revise resits, revise everything u do in class everyday, finish hwk and thats about it. you should have plenty of fress to revise everything u do in class and finish hwk, leave revise resits, ucas, and coursework at home... dont see how you cannot complete these 3 tasks.

im not the best student out there, but i know how to get the best grades

that is:
-revise everything ur taught on the SAMEDAY, you mite think oh i'll leave it till weekends, but during weekends u'll be too tired to do anything
-complete everything, meet deadlines
-complete things early, i.e. ucas, coursework, practical work for cwk.
-do hwk on the day its set, so u can go to teachers the next day if u need help. (this is really important)lets do some simple maths:

hence youre doing 3 subjects and hence you get 1 - 3 pieces of hwk each day. everyday when u do those hwk, u wud have AT LEAST 1 problem each day. so 1 problem each day... it adds up, 5 times a week, a month thats about 20 times where u see ur teacher. in about 6 months, that really builds up, roughly 120 times when uve seen ur teacher, of cos normally u wud have more trouble than u think.

why did i do the above? to show how much trouble we get while doing hwk and how teachers can help us.

im sorry for waffling too much, and bad grammer and typos, hope the last bit helped ya on coping with school load and stress.

if u got any more problem, just gimme a pm and i'll reply asap

Kelv

Thanks so much for your advice :smile:
I spoke to my German teacher today and she thinks I'm doing fine and am just putting a lot of stress on myself. She said she'll support me lots though.
I'll be speaking to the Media teacher with my Mum tomorrow at consultation evening so I hope she'll be nice for once and won't shout.

I do aerobics almost every day and find that helps with releasing endorphins, but I do like to just sit around and watch movies occasionally.

I actually find the things outside classwork easier to manage- I've almost done UCAS, don't think I need to do any resits, always meet deadlines and I do try to revise German every day so I get more and more fluent. I find with writing things down in Drama its like revision, but I don't really revise a lot until 3 months before exams. I think this is what grates on my mind, but I'm trying to not push myself too hard.
Reply 21
hannah_dru
Oooh thanks! That actually doesn't seem like anything at all. Thanks for the recommendation of U2, I quite like them so that's good to know.

Thats no problem. When i was am really down i find music can be such a great escape and relaxes you infact it was that that got me into u2 in the first place, i felt a bit low, listened to beautiful day and i was hooked! 20 weeks is not a long time and just remember out of those 20 weeks , 40 days will be spent away from sixth form as you have the weekends! so you can break it up even more! And if you spend say 6 hours a day at school then you have 3/4 of the day to yourself and so thats not too bad. Anyway all the best and theirs always people on these boards who will help you if you have a problem, me included :smile:
Reply 22
I carry music around with me all the time and always use it when I need to relax.

That actually makes the year seem really good! Haha. Thanks a lot :smile:
Reply 23
hannah_dru
I carry music around with me all the time and always use it when I need to relax.

That actually makes the year seem really good! Haha. Thanks a lot :smile:

Thats awite! I forgot to post another helpful video, its just im having a tough time at uni at the mo and i have turned to this song to relax me after a hard day's uni!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LCQ8RiTT308 Electrical Storm - U2
If it makes you feel any better, i'm collapsing under all the workload. I'm finding it hard to cope with the amount of work/ revision i have to do. I hardly spend my time doing anything else other than working and (on tsr) trying to get myself to work. I'm failing in the subject i want to do in uni and have strict teachers that make me go on revsion schemes (resulting in me feeling mentally incapable). As i type, i'm revising for 2 exams tomorrow, and just realised that i haven't learned anything in one of them for the entire term :smile:. But, don't quit, you are probably doing better than you thought. When you are stressed, you tend to think you are in a worse situation than you really are.
Reply 25
graveyarddreams
If it makes you feel any better, i'm collapsing under all the workload. I'm finding it hard to cope with the amount of work/ revision i have to do. I hardly spend my time doing anything else other than working and (on tsr) trying to get myself to work. I'm failing in the subject i want to do in uni and have strict teachers that make me go on revsion schemes (resulting in me feeling mentally incapable). As i type, i'm revising for 2 exams tomorrow, and just realised that i haven't learned anything in one of them for the entire term :smile:. But, don't quit, you are probably doing better than you thought. When you are stressed, you tend to think you are in a worse situation than you really are.

Argh, I'm so sorry. I spend a lot of evenings working now. That's really bad that the teachers make you feel that way though. I hope you feel better soon!
That's what my German teachers said, thatI'm making myself feel bad and I'm doing fine.
Wow , do people actually do that revising every night thing? I don't think I ever have :p:

I actually had the opposite problem than you OP, I hated AS and loved A2. All I can say is what the others have and keep the end goal in sight!
Reply 27
hey -

remember Dont lose your grip on the dreams of the past, you must fight just to keep them alive! - Eye of the Tiger - Surviver

O love that song -

anyway - believe it or not thre is light at the end of the tunnel - trust be, Im doing 4A2s and know how you feel sometimes. Stick with it - you'll think yourself when you get into uni. A Levels are a means to a end - you know what you want - go get it!

Good luck - and keep working :biggrin:

Wangers
Reply 28
go to the school counciller
go to a beauty salon and get aromatherapy treatments
Reply 29
Wangers
hey -

remember Dont lose your grip on the dreams of the past, you must fight just to keep them alive! - Eye of the Tiger - Surviver

O love that song -

anyway - believe it or not thre is light at the end of the tunnel - trust be, Im doing 4A2s and know how you feel sometimes. Stick with it - you'll think yourself when you get into uni. A Levels are a means to a end - you know what you want - go get it!

Good luck - and keep working :biggrin:

Wangers

I'm doing better I think. I'm not so stressed now and I'm focusing on the fact that I want to do German. I know I can always go to talk to any of my language teachers or my ex counsellor.

I had trouble with Media today though- I told my teachers I was finding it hard, and they were shocked because I get good grades- but that's because I taught myself it out of the book last year! They seemed to put the blame on me and say that I should try to learn through discussion but that has never been my method. That annoyed me.
I know exactly how you feel. I am SOOOOO SICK of college but i'm sticking it out because it's just what needs to be done really and if i don't, i'll just end up regretting it. I just keep telling myself how quickly the A2 year goes by, I mean it's already half term now!! We'll pretty much be done by may and then have a long ass summer to chill out. It's not that long to go...stick it out!
If it makes you feel any better, everyone hates A2 year. Aside from turning 18 and getting ******ed every weekend, it's crap.
Reply 32
Don't get yourself stressed. Do as well as you can do and be happy with whatever grades you get. Stick at it and you will be so proud of yourself when you get into uni. -Uni is amazing and really worth the hard work.
Go for it!
Reply 33
DanGrover
If it makes you feel any better, everyone hates A2 year. Aside from turning 18 and getting ******ed every weekend, it's crap.

I think they do. Loads of people seem to be stressed right now.

I know I'll stick it through because there is no way on earth I am working in Tesco's (or the even lower down Fabric World where my mate works at now she dropped out) for the rest of my life when I could be in Germany and fluent.

Latest

Trending

Trending