The Student Room Group

MALES OF TSR: Are you good or bad at texting back?

And why?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Good, because I'm considerate. Or that's what I want them to think.
I am the worst, it takes me anywhere between 2 minutes and 2 weeks to reply.

I never charge my phone.
Pretty bad. I've got an awful habit of reading a message, not replying straight away, then forgetting to reply and not noticing until they text me again :/
Good if I like you. Otherwise, I'm awful.
Original post by DiddyDec
I am the worst, it takes me anywhere between 2 minutes and 2 weeks to reply.

I never charge my phone.

This was me about 18 months ago, then one day I decided I was no longer gonna use my phone at all.

My closest friends have the landline number, I don't even use Facebook.
I am terrible. Unless I reply straight away I am extremely likely to just put my phone down for a moment and then get distracted by something else. I have made a conscious effort to make sure I reply straight away in the past 6 months, though.
I'm not in a relationship but I text back pretty much straight away to other people, not very often though mind :tongue:
I would like to think I'm good but some people can be seriously blunt it makes me sick

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Anonymous
And why?

I always reply just because I think it's rude not to. However, since I'm busy most of the time, I might be slow in replying but I always get there eventually:tongue:. I only reply straight away if it's urgent or I'm extremely bored or stuck on a train, haha.

Of course, if I like you, any text message tends to fall into the 'urgent' pile :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
I'm aweful... given the choice I'd rather use FB chat or something over texting :/
Reply 11
Guys it is flaming annoying and shame on all of those that take days and weeks to reply :judge:
I am terrible. Partly cos my phone is always on silent with no vibrate though so I only know I've got a text or something when I decide to look at it myself.
Original post by Ledgerwood
Pretty bad. I've got an awful habit of reading a message, not replying straight away, then forgetting to reply and not noticing until they text me again :/

This. When it gets to about 2 days after though I just don't bother replying even if I remember, if it was that important whoever it was would have tried to contact me again...

Original post by And then...
This was me about 18 months ago, then one day I decided I was no longer gonna use my phone at all.

My closest friends have the landline number, I don't even use Facebook.

About 90% of calls to my landline are people trying to sell me stuff so I never answer it, ever.
to be fair i'm pretty bad at texting at times or even messaging- like I get focussed on work or something non related- but I do eventually reply :h:
however I do tend to make an effort with replying to friends as in the content
edit: just for clarity i'm a female
(edited 9 years ago)
I reply to messages when I see them...whether that is after a second of it arriving to my phone or a few hours... doesn't make a difference who is texting me, whether it be family, friends or work, I'll reply when I see it.

As someone said above my phone is also always on silent with no vibrate...only time I take it off is if I am expecting an important phone call or I'm meeting up with mates and want to know if they're updating me of their whereabouts/change of plans etc.
Pretty bad. I'll read it and usually decide to reply later on. I forget about it. I also always have my phone on vibrate, so when I have my headset on, I usually can't hear it. Takes me a while to realise someone has messaged me.
Original post by mojojojo101

About 90% of calls to my landline are people trying to sell me stuff so I never answer it, ever.

Mines debt companies chasing after the previous tenant.
Reply 18
I won't respond at all unless I feel like it. Responses can be anywhere from instantaneous up to 2 decades.
Unless I don't have my phone on me or some other reason (like being in a meeting) I reply pretty quickly, I think.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending