The Student Room Group

uni blues

My boyfriend went to uni 2weeks ago. I was really upset when he went and I put on a brave face then after a few days I was ok cos Im in a good strong relationship. But while he was having fun I was moping and it seemed like he'd forgotten about me. Now that freshers week is over and hes got work hes now really down and homesick I dont know what to do. Is anyone else down at uni? Is it awful of me to think that its a bit unfair he wasnt trying to cheer me up when he left (even to the point of me crying in his room at uni while he left me to go find new friends) but yet Im expected to now phone him all the time and check hes ok? I do love him dont get me wrong.
Reply 1
I'm in the same position. My bf went to uni 2 weeks ago and I'm stuck at home. You may find what I found: he didn't contact me at all at first and I assumed he was having a great time at uni and didn't really miss me. Then he rang and I think he's only realised now he's gone away that we have something really good going on.

It might be the same for your bf, if it seems like he hasn't contacted you, it might have been to distance himself initally to take his mind off missing you and home and everything.

I think it's just a hard situation and you've gotta play it by ear, just try to not be too hard on him as he probably just wanted to make some friends at uni and fit in etc.

So, I'd say to do what I'm doing atm, let him talk to you, and you might find he appreciates you a lot for that, me and my bf have certainly starting talknig to each other about our feelings more now he's gone away, and that can only be a good thing. :smile:
Reply 2
Im glad someone else is in the same position! Yeah i know he wants to make friends and fit in. I've left him to settle down and now hes getting homesick we're chatting bout how we feel about it more. Im going to stay with him in 4weeks so I keep thinking about that.Its just something we both gotta get used to. Im going to uni next year and I think it will be easier then 'cos we'll prob see each other more and I'll be in the position hes in so he can help me through it!

Latest

Trending

Trending