The Student Room Group

Items missing from flat, nobody else currently here

Hi all

I'm an international student living in university accommodation in Exeter managed by UPP. I went shopping today and got two big tubs of peanut butter which I left on the shared kitchen table. I entered the kitchen later this evening to find them missing. Combed the entire kitchen but could not find them anywhere :cry2:.

All my flatmates have left for the holidays so I'm the only one staying here. I'm fairly certain some of the accommodation staff came here today to do some sort of maintenance work, I heard noises in the corridor and also found some extra trash in the bins that weren't there before. I'm also fairly certain that they stole my food :angry:. I also left a some bananas out, those were still there (I've kept them away since).

I've sent an email to the reception desk hoping they'll be able to sort it out. The tubs cost me £8.98, which really is a lot of money. Just wondering if anyone here has experienced anything similar, and whether or not there's any chance I'll recover anything. I find it absurd that a staff member would steal a student's food.
Destroy Them!
The best thing you could have done is what you did - contacted the staff. To my knowledge, there's not a lot more you can do unless the accommodation staff visit again tomorrow and you can ask them if they have seen them (in a non-accusing way.)

Quick Reply

Latest