The Student Room Group

Tips on creating a relationship :)

Hello,

My name is Alex and I struggle to talk to new people in general let alone females. I'm what most would judge as a typical 'nerd', my spare time consists of studying History and playing PC games (mostly league of legends). I have several female friends who i'm sure aren't interested and I'm aware that relationships shouldn't be a priority whilst at University but it's certainly something i'd like to invest in. My issue is that I can approach girls who I have an immediate common interest with, such as being on the same History module, but I struggle to continue the relationship. It feels that once i've spoken to them long enough, i've nothing to them about. Once it gets awkward, I feel there's no way I can ask them on a date so to speak. I don't mind drinking but I cannot bear nightclubs or anything too 'adventurous'. I'd much rather be cuddling on the sofa :smile:

Apologies if it sounds too much like a dating profile but in a sense, I want it to be. If anyone has any tips on how to meet girls of my 'type' so to speak, I would greatly appreciate it :smile:.

TL;DR: I'm not good at social situations but i'd like to meet a girl who I can really connect with.
Reply 1
Hello, i recommend you to start reading about game.. in order to have a lot of female friends , who are attracted to you sexually you have to be alpha.Start reading about the game, how to be an alpha male and you'll feel more comfortable around women , aslo you become more confident in every social situation.The books i recommend to you are : Neil Strauss - the game.. Mystery Method and Alabalester Girl - Zan Perrion.. I strongly belive that game works and if you don't know how to play it , you'll be played.
Reply 2
Original post by ahmshere
Hello, i recommend you to start reading about game.. in order to have a lot of female friends , who are attracted to you sexually you have to be alpha.Start reading about the game, how to be an alpha male and you'll feel more comfortable around women , aslo you become more confident in every social situation.The books i recommend to you are : Neil Strauss - the game.. Mystery Method and Alabalester Girl - Zan Perrion.. I strongly belive that game works and if you don't know how to play it , you'll be played.

Although I certainly appreciate your advice, I don't think being the 'alpha' and looking for one thing is my type i'm afraid :frown:
My advice is to be yourself. So in guessing you have been in a couple of awkward situations, so learn from them. Learn what went wrong and how to improve and then try again until your comfortable sustaining a conversation.

Okay let's think of a hypothetical situation in meeting a girl. Let's say your in a coffee shop. The a girl is sitting down and reading a book, you sit next to her and smile. Then you say what book are you reading? Or if you have actually read the book she is reading. Asked which part she is on and start talking about the book but do not give away the ending. Then a conversation has begun, start talking about school or university then after 10 minutes or so say you have to do something and ask "maybe I could get your number and we could chat a bit more about "the book"?" Then you have achieved in getting a girls number and sustaining a conversation.
Hope this helps you Alex :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Original post by Tango_16
My advice is to be yourself. So in guessing you have been in a couple of awkward situations, so learn from them. Learn what went wrong and how to improve and then try again until your comfortable sustaining a conversation.

Okay let's think of a hypothetical situation in meeting a girl. Let's say your in a coffee shop. The a girl is sitting down and reading a book, you sit next to her and smile. Then you say what book are you reading? Or if you have actually read the book she is reading. Asked which part she is on and start talking about the book but do not give away the ending. Then a conversation has begun, start talking about school or university then after 10 minutes or so say you have to do something and ask "maybe I could get your number and we could chat a bit more about "the book"?" Then you have achieved in getting a girls number and sustaining a conversation.
Hope this helps you Alex :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you your reply was very helpful! One day I know i'll just snap and be confident to sit down next to a girl :smile: I will try to learn from mistakes as i'm an emotional person but i'm not too bad :biggrin:
Ah glad I could help you Alex, and I'm sure in the future you will

Posted from TSR Mobile
Get better at making conversation with girls and who knows. You might even meeting your girlfriend from my advice :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by AlexJohns0n
Although I certainly appreciate your advice, I don't think being the 'alpha' and looking for one thing is my type i'm afraid :frown:

I wouldn't listen to his advice to be honest, if you want to be an ******** to women and just go round shagging girls then fair enough, but you seem like you actually want to be able to talk to women and develop friendships and relationships with them in which case his advice is awful.

Anyone who defines themselves as alpha and with game is an immediate turn off to me and the women I know.

My advice be yourself, respect women but do not put them on a pedestal and realise they are just people too with hobbies just like you, you likely share many hobbies with hundreds of women. Try reaching out through a hobby.

You mentioned once you speak to a girl for while it gets awkward, but does it get awkward with guys? I'm assuming it probably doesn't. I find a lot of men often feel they have to be the best at everything and be awesome in order to gain a woman's affections, this is not at all true. Treat her like you would any other person, talk to her about common interests, ask her about herself, ask if she has any plans relating to her hobby and when you feel ready ask her if she wants to go out sometime, perhaps for an activity related to a hobby or interest you both share.

And remember, if you get rejected it's okay. It hurts but it's not the end of the world and there are literally thousands more women for you to choose from.
Do not bother with rubbish like The Game. Women are not prizes to be won.

Conversation is a two-way animal so don't feel like it's all your fault that things haven't progressed so far. A simple conversational trick (it's not really a trick, it's just being interested), as alluded to above, is to simply get the other person to talk about their own likes and dislikes. This will only go so far on its own, so it does help to have similar interests or to know about a wide variety of things. I have to say, it is a bit like the deaf leading the blind as I'm not great at creating relationships but I find most girls (and people) make deeper connections with people who show an interest in their lives and show some sort of understanding, in a non-forceful way.
Reply 9
Heya :smile: I'm pretty much in the same situation just that I'm a girl, so don't know if my advice is that helpful. Just wanted to tell you that I kind of get you. I have male friends as well but weirdly they are just friends, I don't think that they really think about dating me. And the thing is that this keeps happening without even trying. Always ending up being pretty good friends but I don't really know how to cross that 'line'. I guess it might be easier if you try to ask a girl out on a date from the very beginning, maybe so she knows that you are looking for a relationship. Or give hints. Otherwise I can only support what the others had to say, be yourself and good luck :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by AlexJohns0n
Hello,

My name is Alex and I struggle to talk to new people in general let alone females. I'm what most would judge as a typical 'nerd', my spare time consists of studying History and playing PC games (mostly league of legends). I have several female friends who i'm sure aren't interested and I'm aware that relationships shouldn't be a priority whilst at University but it's certainly something i'd like to invest in. My issue is that I can approach girls who I have an immediate common interest with, such as being on the same History module, but I struggle to continue the relationship. It feels that once i've spoken to them long enough, i've nothing to them about. Once it gets awkward, I feel there's no way I can ask them on a date so to speak. I don't mind drinking but I cannot bear nightclubs or anything too 'adventurous'. I'd much rather be cuddling on the sofa :smile:

Apologies if it sounds too much like a dating profile but in a sense, I want it to be. If anyone has any tips on how to meet girls of my 'type' so to speak, I would greatly appreciate it :smile:.

TL;DR: I'm not good at social situations but i'd like to meet a girl who I can really connect with.

Username : ProxenusAtarneus

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending