The Student Room Group

NGDP Graduate Scheme 2014/15

Hi all. I'm currently in the process of completing my application for the NGDP to start in September 2015. Just thought I'd start a thread as I couldn't see one. Has anyone else applied? How have they found it?

Scroll to see replies

I'm applying :smile: I sent off my application a couple of days ago. I found the application form quite easy except the one question on how you used your own initiative to meet the needs of others, that stumped me for a while!
Hi I'm applying too and am still very stuck on that question! I'm unsure as to whether they mean a situation where you have applied cost benefit analysis or something more general.
Reply 3
Yeah I must admit I found that one challenging. I just used an example from my industrial placement tbh. Do you know how quick the turn around is for finding out if you've been succesful at the first stage?
Reply 4
I believe everyone must have found that question to be quite challenging! Tbh it is subjective! Just submitted my application. So nervous EEKS!
Has anyone heard back yet or do they start shortlisting after the 12th Jan deadline? Good luck everyone!
It says on the page with the link to the application form "By the end of January, all candidates who have submitted applications will receive an invitation to complete a verbal reasoning test and a numerical reasoning test online".
So I guess our application forms aren't used until later in the process :confused:
Does anyone know what time exactly the deadline is? I'd like to apply for this but I have uni deadlines on the 12th so if it was for midnight that'd be great.
Original post by Tiny Dancer
Does anyone know what time exactly the deadline is? I'd like to apply for this but I have uni deadlines on the 12th so if it was for midnight that'd be great.

Just checked their twitter and they say it's 5pm on Monday
Reply 8
Original post by Tiny Dancer

5pm on the 12th is the deadline I think!
Thank you both for the answer! I think I can just about manage it, hopefully.
Reply 10
Interesting that everyone receives links to the tests. It also then says if successful during the tests you will be invited to assessment centre. Im Assuming the application form is looked at in conjunction with the test scores to decide if you're successful? Or maybe they use it for your interview to grill you on your answers. Anyway, good luck all.
Hello,

I applied for this back in December and beyond confirming they had received my application, I haven't heard anything else. I am not expecting to hear anything until the end of Jan however, as has already been said; that is when they said we'd all get invited to do the tests! Whilst they don't explicitly say so, I imagine they will use the application form answers to sift applications either before or after the online tests, before assessment centre invites. Good luck to everyone :-)
Hi,

I submitted my application for this earlier today, but have just noticed that although the 5pm deadline has passed and my application shows as submitted, it is still allowing me to edit information.

Does anybody know if editing it at this point in time is ok or will it somehow result in it re-submitting and missing the deadline?
Reply 13
Hi all,

I am not sure whether all applicants received an invite to complete the on-line numerical and verbal reasoning tests. As mentioned by some it said that all applicants will be invited. However, now the NGDP website states that successful applicants will be invited. In any case I hope all of you got the invitation!

I am practising these tests using the links we are given (SHL and Career Gym). However, I am not able to answer all questions within the time given! I asked if there is minimum passing score for the on-line numerical and verbal reasoning tests (e.g 50% for each of the tests) and the answer I got from the NGDP team was that pass mark information for on-line tests will be made available to candidates after the test closing date :/

I posted to another thread with last year's NGDP applicants (http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1471349&page=48) to ask if they have any info.
I got an invitation too. My application was rushed and awful so I'd be surprised if it was selective. They'll probably review the applications after sifting through the test scores.
Reply 15
Tiny Dance it might be that you were successful! The website says that "26 January 2015: Successful candidates will be invited to sit online numerical and verbal reasoning tests ". Also, they twitted on the 26th of January "Today successful candidates will receive an email from the #ngdp17 recruitment team. Please look out for it!". So..maybe you were successful after all!

It might be that they will consider both our applications and test scores in order to proceed to the next test as you said but I do not think that if your application as awful as you think that they would select you for the on-line tests.

In any case good luck with the on-line tests!
I'm just keeping my expectations low for now but thanks for the encouragement. Good luck to you, too!
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 17
George I believe there is no definitive pass mark. There may be a minimum accepted score, but I believe success depends on where your score ranks in the group percentile, I.e. for another graduate scheme I applied to the pass mark was the 40th percentile meaning that your score had to be better than 40% of other applicants. I can't be certain but i think the NGDP tests will work in the same manner.
Reply 18
Greens24 what you are saying makes sense - thanks
Reply 19
I was wondering if I am running out of time and have 5 questions left, should I guess them or leave them blank?

Quick Reply

Latest