The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I wasn't being rude, I was inferring from you're post 'It's up to her' does sound rather callous to me, but perhaps your post did not convey what you meant it to, at least didn't convey it to me, I can only comment of what you have actually posted and that to my mind was reflected in my response, however if that is not the case then fine!
Carl1982
Excuse me you are so damn rude, that's not what i am implying if she wants to go on the pill i will be behind her, if she doesn't then thats fine, we use condoms and we don't have any problems.

sorry but you wouldnt do it because your concerned about health risks but you would support her decision to take those risks? that sounds a little odd. i wouldnt want my bf to do something i didnt think was safe.
high priestess fnord
sorry but you wouldnt do it because your concerned about health risks but you would support her decision to take those risks? that sounds a little odd. i wouldnt want my bf to do something i didnt think was safe.

She's made her choice anyway she is not going to use the pill
Carl1982
She's made her choice anyway she is not going to use the pill

fair enough. im probably a little over protective anyway. ive given my bf a 6 month ban on competitive sport XD
Reply 24
Talya
So.. you'd rather it be ruined by the endless sleepless nights and exposure to germs a baby would cause? :smile:

I think he's aiming at the point of side effects. Personally, i would take it in conjunction with my girlfriend taking the female version too. But only if they managed to iron out the side effects. It's a good idea in theory. Hopefully they can implement it right.
Reply 25
No way would I take it.
The_Bear
No way would I take it.

why?
I don't think I could ever persuade my bf to take it! But then I was on the pill for years,and am now on the injection, so he'd probably wonder why I didn't want to take it any more all of a sudden! The good thing about the injection is it eliminates the risk of forgetfulness which we're both prone to!
Reply 28
Dependant on the side affects, if i was in a long term relationship then yes i would take it.

To all guys saying they wouldnt... Shows how much you really value your relationships when your refusing to do the same thing your gf is probabley having to do for you.

Also id rather not pay child support for 18 years thanks.
Reply 29
high priestess fnord
why?

Because I dont take pills I dont need. I've had like 6 paracetamols in my entire life and it angers me when people pop pills for everything.

edit: the girl doesnt have to take the pill you know...
Reply 30
The_Bear
Because I dont take pills I dont need. I've had like 6 paracetamols in my entire life and it angers me when people pop pills for everything.

edit: the girl doesnt have to take the pill you know...

No but it makes the risk of pregnancy much less than when using condoms alone. The amount of condoms I have had split is beyond rediculous.
Reue
Dependant on the side affects, if i was in a long term relationship then yes i would take it.

To all guys saying they wouldnt... Shows how much you really value your relationships when your refusing to do the same thing your gf is probabley having to do for you.

Also id rather not pay child support for 18 years thanks.

Exactly.
Creepy
No but it makes the risk of pregnancy much less than when using condoms alone. The amount of condoms I have had split is beyond rediculous.

Really i never had one split on me
Reply 33
Carl1982

Yes - it is well above 20. Maybe i kept buying dodgy packets :p:
Reply 34
Condoms are 100% effective if you aren't a ******.
Carl1982

ive only had one ever split and we use alot of condoms
I spoke to my bf about it ages ago and he said if i wanted him to he would.

There are other alternatives to the pill for women. I'm on the patch and only have to change it once a week so theres less for me to forget and I've never had any side effects at all with it.
Reply 37
I'd definitely do it. To be able to do away with condoms would be a godsend.
Guffy
I'd definitely do it. To be able to do away with condoms would be a godsend.

im liking you allready :smile:
Reply 39
Erm, male contraceptive pill wouldn't protect from STI's, so you couldn't do without them altogether. Unless youre in a relationship where you both know you're clean, and then the female pill does the same job already...

Latest

Trending

Trending