The Student Room Group

AQA Biology BIOL4 - 8th June 2015

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2440

Hi there
Have you got the exam paper or if u don't mind send me the question as I have my mock tomorrow thanks very much
Original post by Zeyad
Hi there
Have you got the exam paper or if u don't mind send me the question as I have my mock tomorrow thanks very much

got mine on monday. can you tell me what was on the paper like questions, thank you ever so much :smile:
Hi There
Anyone got the AQA BIOL4 2015 Paper, would really appreciate it if u could send it me, got my mocks!!!!!
Original post by edward090
got mine on monday. can you tell me what was on the paper like questions, thank you ever so much :smile:

Hi do you remember what was on the paper, I'm doing mine tomorrow?? :s-smilie:
Original post by Inam97
Hey there has anyone get BIO4 remarked this year and got an increase in raw marks. I got a copy of my script and found about 4 strong points where I thought I should have been marked for but didn't.

Also I was like 6 UMS off A* achieving 140/140 on BIO5 and 54/60 on the ISA, whereas I only got 70/100 in BIO4 which is like 48/75 on the paper. I need 51/75 to get A*. What are the chances guys?

P.s I know 3 raw marks is a lot in a remark

Do you still have a copy of your script, would really appreciate you sending it me, got my exam tomorrow!!!!
does anyone know how to answer this question:
suggest how climate change could cause an increase in soil salinity
(edited 8 years ago)
I've also got my mock in a few days! Would really really REALLY appreciate it if you could give me a copy of the paper.
Or even any help on the questions that are going to come up?
Thanks in advance!
Original post by plasmaman
Thought a thread for Unit 4 would be good, so here it is. Feel free to share tips and techniques, in preparation for the real thing come June. Best of luck (having said that, if you want to collectively screw this one up to lower the grade boundaries, don't hesitate) :biggrin:

A reminder of the topics:

Photosynthesis
Respiration
Inheritance
Populations
Succession
Nitrogen and Carbon Cycles
Food Webs and Energy Flow

On a side note, these grade boundaries amused me. 39/75 for an A*, seems fair...
Would expect to need another 20 marks on top of that figure for the same grade this year, though
http://store.aqa.org.uk/over/stat_pdf/AQA-A-LEVEL-GDE-BOUND-JUNE10.PDF

do you know if the thread for 2016 biol4 and biol5 exams are made yet or not? thanks :smile:
would really appreciate it if someone could send me the paper june 2015 biol4 havent had time to revise it so wanna see if i can do it myself first without getting a grilling from my teachers:/
Anyone have a copy of the June 2015 Unit 4 paper?
Original post by star19_786

Something to do with icecaps melting and sea levels rising which causes water logged soil. AND sea water contains salt so more salt in soil. :smile:
Original post by star19_786

yup!!!

As the ice caps melt due to the rise in sea temperature it causes flooding of low lying areas (ie. the river nile which has fertile land) this causes salt water to flood the fertile land.

Now use your knowledge of water potential!. There are a high concentration of mineral ions and amino acids in the root hair cell which causes the root hair cell to have a lower water potential than the existing soil. This therefore is how water moves into the plant, from an area of high water potential (soil) to an area of low water potential (root hair cell) down the water potential gradient.

Having increased salt in the soil will lower the water potential of the soil causing water to move from the root hair cell to the soil, killing the plant which is unable to take water soluble nitrates into the plant thru the water being taken in the roots!!!

Hope this helps!
Reply 2452
no, but i put women live 'longa' because all men do is **** :smile:
think i got that mark too mate :smile: :smile:
Reply 2453
no, but i put women live 'longa' because all men do is **** :smile:
think i got that mark too mate :smile: :smile:
I S A info. PM me

Posted from TSR Mobile
Anyone got the pdf for this? I'm taking tomorrow off to study and I wanted to do all the 2015 papers (AS and A2 since I'm resitting both AS exams).

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending