The Student Room Group

Birmingham or Leeds for Law LLB?

Which university is better for me to study law and which in your opinion has better graduate prospects?
Ooh both are in top 20! Law firms will like both! What career do you want-solicitor/barrister?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Original post by fudgecake22
Ooh both are in top 20! Law firms will like both! What career do you want-solicitor/barrister?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes a solicitor , I am torn between them both... I want to know which maybe has a better reputation or graduate prospects?
Reply 3
Original post by J-SP
From a recruiter's perspective it is difficult to draw a clear distinction between the two - I would say they are fairly similar in terms of reputation and how well connected they are to law firms.

Leeds - great law faculty with strong connections to both regional and city firms, strong law society with large number of careers events, organise a "law in the city" event with a number of firms based in London.

Birmingham - pretty much the same as above, only difference I would say is their law society isn't as active in terms of careers events, but they also have their own "Birmingham law in the city event" which has been running for a good 7+ years now

I've worked closely with both unis over the course of my career and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend either of them.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you that helped a lot :smile:
I'ld say Birmingham has the stronger reputation. I've met a lot of future trainees and vac-schemers from Birmingham

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
Original post by lilzoldier
I'ld say Birmingham has the stronger reputation. I've met a lot of future trainees and vac-schemers from Birmingham

Posted from TSR Mobile

Are you studying law?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending