The Student Room Group

Can i take this A-Level

I want to take photography at a-level but haven't done it at gcse although i have done art and design, it's the holidays so i can't ask a teacher but any help would be appreciated. Happy Holidays :smile:.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by revisetime
I want to take photography at a-level but haven't done it at gcse although i have done art and design, it's the holidays so i can't ask a teacher but any help would be appreciated. Happy Holidays :smile:.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hey :smile: You can take it and you'll be fine with it. I did photography at gcse and I'm currently taking it for AS. This year (AS), we have people who did graphics & art and design at gcse last year and they're coping fine. :biggrin:
A considerable amount of sixth form/A-Level courses aren't even offered at GCSE and as long as you have your 5 A*-C GCSEs nearly all of them will be open to you. Although subjects such as languages, English, maths and science might ask you for the relevant GCSE at a certain grade (i.e. B or above). So in short, you will be fine to do photography...all the best :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest