sorry for these useless pics
Reply 1
Original post by Imrankhan0121
For force D I got 0.79KN
by doing 0.65/cos35 FYI this is my last line of calculation

Horizontal resistance is 0.45kN
by doing tan 35*0.65

sorry for these useless pics

Do you mind posting the questions, or one picture of the questions.
Original post by Phichi
Do you mind posting the questions, or one picture of the questions.
i already have the
Parachute
(edited 9 years ago)
Can't you rotate the camera by 90 degrees and take a picture of the whole page?
Original post by Joinedup
Can't you rotate the camera by 90 degrees and take a picture of the whole page?

It's on 2 pages lad
Someone help me
Reply 6
Someone help me

I'm struggling to read the diagrams and questions. Please can you either post the questions, or write them up and take a picture.
Original post by Phichi
I'm struggling to read the diagrams and questions. Please can you either post the questions, or write them up and take a picture.
look I'm tiring my best
Just rotate your screen to make it visible
Reply 8
look I'm tiring my best
Just rotate your screen to make it visible

I did, and I can't read the second figure, please just re write it and upload a picture, it's pretty difficult for anyone to reply to this.
Original post by Phichi
I did, and I can't read the second figure, please just re write it and upload a picture, it's pretty difficult for anyone to reply to this.

Here's figure 2
It's only referring diagram 2 which I draw on with pencil
Please ignore the marks
Reply 10
Here's figure 2
It's only referring diagram 2 which I draw on with pencil
Please ignore the marks

I'm afraid to say the reason you don't have any replies is still most likely because of your pictures. Would it be possible for you to write the question on the thread, and hand draw the figures and attach them. I really don't know what I'm looking at in the pictures, sorry.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 11
I basically don't know what the question is. Do you want help on the later questions, are your earlier answers wrong, what? If you've resolved a force wrong (which I'm guessing is what's happened), check your diagram carefully.
Original post by Phichi
I'm afraid to say the reason you don't have any replies is still most likely because of your pictures. Would it be possible for you to write the question on the thread, and hand draw the figures and attach them. I really don't know what I'm looking at in the pictures, sorry.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ok
He's the question
In a leisure pursuit called para ending a person attached to a parachute is towed by a towing rope attached to a motor boat as shown in fig1
Fig2 shows the direction on forces acting on person of weight 0.65kN when being towed horizontally at constant speed of 8.5 ms minus 1

Please ignore pencil markings
(edited 9 years ago)
Fig2 shows the direction on forces acting on person of weight 0.65kN when being towed horizontally at constant speed of 8.5 ms minus 1

Please ignore pencil markings

Calculate magnitude of d in fig 2 is question 1

Question 2 calculate the horizontal resistance to motion of the boat produced by tow rope

Question 3 the horizontal resistance to the motion of the boat produced by the water is1200N
Cal the total power developed by the boat

Question 4 state and explain the initial effect on the boat if the tow rope broke
Reply 15
Calculate magnitude of d in fig 2 is question 1

Question 2 calculate the horizontal resistance to motion of the boat produced by tow rope

Question 3 the horizontal resistance to the motion of the boat produced by the water is1200N
Cal the total power developed by the boat

Question 4 state and explain the initial effect on the boat if the tow rope broke

Thats better :smile: Ignoring the first post, what is your working for the questions, please tell us which question the working provided is for.
Original post by Phichi
Thats better :smile: Ignoring the first post, what is your working for the questions, please tell us which question the working provided is for.

I got for d 0.79KN by cos35=0.65/H
Reran fe for h u get 0.79

Question 2 I did tan35=o/0.65
Which gives u o = 0.45 kn
Reply 17
I got for d 0.79KN by cos35=0.65/H
Reran fe for h u get 0.79

Question 2 I did tan35=o/0.65
Which gives u o = 0.45 kn

Assuming the person is not accelerating, which he isn't, you should be equating forces in the vertical and horizontal plane. I.e, to find D, you need to consider the component of every force in the vertical direction, not just the weight.

Quick Reply

Latest