The Student Room Group

What counts as a GCSE equivalent???

On the ucas website rhul states that they require gcse Grade B in math or equivalent. On my access to he course: computing, i study two math units at level 3 which I am predicted to get disstincation in. Does this count as equivalent?
Hey, sorry to see you haven't had any replies to your thread yet. :frown: Are you sure you’ve posted in the right place? Posting in the specific university or course forum should help get more responses. :redface:

If you haven’t already found it, then university connect is a really useful way for finding people at your course/university! You can also find a list of applicant threads and courses here. :h: It's worth checking out if you have questions.

If you need advice on your academic work, then the Study Help section will be able to help you. :h: Hope this helps! :h:
Original post by Shueb95
On the ucas website rhul states that they require gcse Grade B in math or equivalent. On my access to he course: computing, i study two math units at level 3 which I am predicted to get disstincation in. Does this count as equivalent?

Hi there,

I should be able to help you. Please can you let me know what programme you are interested in applying to at Royal Holloway, and what specific qualifications you are currently studying?

Thanks,

Emily
Reply 3
Original post by Royal Holloway, University of London
Hi there,

I should be able to help you. Please can you let me know what programme you are interested in applying to at Royal Holloway, and what specific qualifications you are currently studying?

Thanks,

Emily

I wanted to study computer science (information security) my math unit I am studying, fractions, percentages, ratio, proportion, exponents, indices, logarithms and graphical methods.
I currently have grade C in gcse maths.

Thanks for willing to help but I already got rejected from Rhul because and I quote "Royal holloway only accepts applicants from students saying an access to Higher Education Diploma who are over 21. Additionally, you do not meet the GCSE entry requirement for this programme."
Original post by Shueb95
I wanted to study computer science (information security) my math unit I am studying, fractions, percentages, ratio, proportion, exponents, indices, logarithms and graphical methods.

Thanks for willing to help but I already got rejected from Rhul because and I quote "Royal holloway only accepts applicants from students saying an access to Higher Education Diploma who are over 21. Additionally, you do not meet the GCSE entry requirement for this programme."

Hi there,

I'm sorry to hear that outcome. I wish you all the best in your application process and the future.

Kind regards,

Emily
Original post by Shueb95

Hi there,

I'm sorry to hear that outcome. I wish you all the best in your application process and the future.

Kind regards,

Emily

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending