The Student Room Group

Edexcel A2 History - Germany 1900-45 - Monday 8th June 2015 [Exam Discussion Thread]

Scroll to see replies

Original post by SophieNorcross
Horrible!! Really scared for this exam!! How about you?

Do you know anything about the German revolution and its significance?

aww same here! I don't know what to do and no sorry :frown: I've been hearing this all over and I'm just like whats this! I think it's unit 1?
Reply 1161
Original post by jchap9776
They aren't great hahaha, might have to do a late night grind and try to get them all finished. History is taking a huge priority at the mo 😂 wbu?

Ah haha! I'm sure you'll get them done ASAP! Funnily enough I've neglected history loads recently due to physics and maths 😒

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by tessimoghaddam
aww same here! I don't know what to do and no sorry :frown: I've been hearing this all over and I'm just like whats this! I think it's unit 1?

What's unit 1?
Does anyone have a checklist on every key topic? x

Much appreciated :smile:
Reply 1164
Original post by SophieNorcross
What's unit 1?

Unit 1 is Kaiserreich 1900-1914, although the MyRevisionNotes guide includes the German Revolution at the end of this unit as a link between the second reich and Weimar

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by tessimoghaddam
Aww thank you :smile: aww ok well hopefully the Nazi one is easy for you! How have you been finding the part b?

Your very welcome :biggrin: and yeah i hope so too :frown: Part B is okay, i just need more help on the source analysis part as its the weightier part 24 marks x
OMG I can't force myself to revise. Today I just copied out an old essay plan and called it a day. It's really unhealthy and I'm not sure why my brain is acting this way
Original post by CD223
Ah haha! I'm sure you'll get them done ASAP! Funnily enough I've neglected history loads recently due to physics and maths 😒

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ah fair man, maths is beginning to worry me - **** scared of making a dumb mistake in the exam and S2 is so tedious I find it so easy to muck up.
Original post by cuppa
OMG I can't force myself to revise. Today I just copied out an old essay plan and called it a day. It's really unhealthy and I'm not sure why my brain is acting this way

Oh no :frown: what you could do is maybe take a break :smile: then look through your notes if you still want to do history, if not maybe have a look at one of your other subjects x
Thanks, please can you outline the German revolution and its significance?
Reply 1170
Just wondering for a question on how much German Revolution changed Germany would it be right to lay it out something like this, I'm finding it hard to have enough to talk about for a 30 mark essay.

IT DID BRING CHANGE : - Destroyed Imperial Germany/authoritarian monarchy created parliamentary democracy
- Brought in idea of universal suffrage and proportional representation (More Democratic, parties are fairly represented)
- Elections showing shift in support to democratic/center parties, showing right/conservative elite have lost trust + support of general public
- Brought end to war, forced signing of armistice to prevent serious political revolution/civil war.
- Social change including introduction of Bill of Rights

IT DIDN'T BRING CHANGE : - No attempts to reform traditional institutions of Imperial Germany e.g. civil service, judiciary system + army Would go on to undermine democracy
- Junkers still remain powerful through army. - Germany still remained politically unstable, left felt Ebert had betrayed them by creating parliamentary democracy + co-operating w/ traditional forces of Germany + right felt Reichstag too powerful, led too Spartacist Uprising, Munich putsch etc.
- Still relied on conservative elite + right e.g. Ebert-Groener Agreement Made Gov weak
Reply 1171
Ah fair man, maths is beginning to worry me - **** scared of making a dumb mistake in the exam and S2 is so tedious I find it so easy to muck up.

Yeah I agree. Making more stupid mistakes on C3/C4 the nearer they get -,-

M2 isn't too bad for the first 5ish questions then it just gets so bloody time consuming haha! Luckily that isn't until the 22nd, but the week of the history exam I have physics and maths to worry about 😷

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by CD223

M2 isn't too bad for the first 5ish questions then it just gets so bloody time consuming haha! Luckily that isn't until the 22nd, but the week of the history exam I have physics and maths to worry about 😷

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hey

Have you got a checklist for the unit 1 section- topic wise? x
Guys please please answer me
Is anyone doing A2 unit 3 : boom,bust,recovery and please send a link if there is a discussion going on? Thank you xxxx

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1174
Original post by Bunny2014
Hey

Have you got a checklist for the unit 1 section- topic wise? x

Erm, I'll have a look :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1175
Original post by lilohrisl
Guys please please answer me
Is anyone doing A2 unit 3 : boom,bust,recovery and please send a link if there is a discussion going on? Thank you xxxx

Posted from TSR Mobile

Unfortunately this thread is purely for the D1 option. You're not the first to ask though. If you can't find a thread I'd suggest you set up a new one until someone else doing the exam replies :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by CD223
Erm, I'll have a look :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you :smile: x Your literally a life saver :biggrin: x
Original post by CD223

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yep I'm in the same situation with econ and maths haha 😕 yeah m2 is hit and miss. Thing that puts me off history revision is the fact that if its consolidation of power, the exam will be so straightforward
Reply 1178
Yep I'm in the same situation with econ and maths haha 😕 yeah m2 is hit and miss. Thing that puts me off history revision is the fact that if its consolidation of power, the exam will be so straightforward

Totally agreed there mate. In a weird way I'd be more annoyed to revise it all for that to come up. You can't win! 😥

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1179
Original post by Bunny2014
Thank you :smile: x Your literally a life saver :biggrin: x

Here's what I have for the second reich:

ImageUploadedByStudent Room1432588264.393760.jpg

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending