The Student Room Group
Reply 1
I doubt it.
Reply 2
They want A, A, A.
Reply 3
If you are applying with grades you could email all the universities you are interested in and ask what their policy is?
Reply 4
I would doubt it very very much. I know a chap who had an offer from cardiff law school for 3 A's. he got 2 A's and 1 B and was rejected on results day. i am yet to meet anyone who has entered cardiff this year with less than 3 A's (bar a couple of international students). If those were predicted grades then perhaps you would have got a conditional offer, but unfortunately i would be really surprised if you did due to the example of the chap i knew from this years entry cycle.
Reply 5
hey okay, thanks everyone for the responses :-), i thought it was a bit of a long shot! ah well :-( and yeh not to worry snemapy your post made perfect sense!
Reply 6
remember though jojoba we are not the addmissions tutors, and who knows really whether you will get an offer or not, you still have good grades, and you may write a great P.S, you may have a great reference, good work exp. Unfortunately you may be held back for not having the 3 A's but grades arent the be all and end all of the admissions cycle. It was late when i replied and perhaps i didnt think enough before responding. If you want to go to cardiff apply, one option may be to apply for Law and Politics(a,a,b), or some other joint degree honours, and then whilst your there put in an application to transfer to straight law, and i have heard cardiff are very accomodating in these instances!
Reply 7
You might do, for a joint honours course. The grades for law and german are BBB, I don't know about their other courses
You say that about the admissions process but John Gardner has repeatadly posted up that uni apps are done on an academic basis only and that the others are there are a mere formality, I know ppl put alot of work into their PS but it appears to be largely pointless.
Reply 9
One of my law mates got accepted with ABB, infact i've not met many people with AAA.

Latest

Trending

Trending