The Student Room Group

Ex girlfriend drunk called me?

Me and my ex have been broken up for 4 months, and been in no contact for 3 of those. And every single month she has some kind of contact with me, in octover she contacted my friend about how much she missed everything between us. In november she contacted me to wish me a happy birthday and now December..

Last night/this morning at about 3 I received a drunk call from my ex, she was in the back of an ambulance after being hit in the nightclub she was in apparently. I respectfully told her that as bad as that is that she's no longer my responsibility and that she should really talk to her parents or her friends or whoever she's seeing now.

She then just started babbling on about how i'm seeing someone new (like it's any of her business), kicking off at me for no reason, as drunk people do I guess, accusing me of lying in the relationship (when it was actually her who did the lying, hence the breakup) amongst other things.

Her phone kept vibrating, she told me it was her boyfriend.. so I was asking her why are you ringing me then? I have nothing to do with you? She then started apologising and burst into tears etc?

I don't get it? She makes out she's so happy on social networks, surely this was a job for her boyfriend to deal with.. not me? I'm happy and finally moving on with my life and then I get a phone call like this? What does it even mean?

Thanks!
Reply 1
Nothing unprecedented. Most girls just don't want the guy to move one, they'll keep blackmailing you emotionally. Forget the incident, move on and don't pick any more of her calls
She still has feelings for you im guessing or she's acting like a bitch and making you think of her.

Block her number.
Reply 3
Original post by bittr n swt
She still has feelings for you im guessing or she's acting like a bitch and making you think of her.

Block her number.

So you reckon this new guy is a rebound??
Original post by Anonymous
So you reckon this new guy is a rebound??

Possibly, possibly not. The fact that she keeps calling you is something I wouldn't dismiss so easily....

To be on the safe side you're done with her so block her.
Reply 5
Original post by bluemax
Nothing unprecedented. Most girls just don't want the guy to move one, they'll keep blackmailing you emotionally. Forget the incident, move on and don't pick any more of her calls

You're probably right, I just don't get why i'm getting the grief further down the line when it's all said and done and she's supposedly all moved on?

Original post by bittr n swt
Possibly, possibly not. The fact that she keeps calling you is something I wouldn't dismiss so easily....

To be on the safe side you're done with her so block her.

Probably the best bet.
Maybe she saw you moved on so she tried too also. As they say when you are drunk all your feelings are exposed. So maybe she still has feelings for you and doesn't want you to nice on.
Reply 7
Original post by Juday
Maybe she saw you moved on so she tried too also. As they say when you are drunk all your feelings are exposed. So maybe she still has feelings for you and doesn't want you to nice on.

Surely if that was the case she would have told me? Or do you think that's what's coming up next? It's clear it's bothering her because she basically started bringing up all these girls she thinks that i'm seeing/sleeping with. But it's like why is it any of your business?

Really confused.
Suspect the new guy is a rebound, she called you because she feels guilty and or doesn't want you to move on. Best thing to do is delete her number and cut all forms of contact with her.
Surely if that was the case she would have told me? Or do you think that's what's coming up next? It's clear it's bothering her because she basically started bringing up all these girls she thinks that i'm seeing/sleeping with. But it's like why is it any of your business?

Really confused.

Well I suppose she doesn't want to expose her true feelings. You know what women are like, we want men to read our minds :wink:

Maybe she's just embarrassed especially if you don't feel the same what would be the point in telling you if you've moved on?

She's just jealous and misses you, she hasn't let go yet. So she's investigating and just feeling sorry for herself. She just wants an excuse to talk to you.
Original post by Juday
Well I suppose she doesn't want to expose her true feelings. You know what women are like, we want men to read our minds :wink:

Maybe she's just embarrassed especially if you don't feel the same what would be the point in telling you if you've moved on?

She's just jealous and misses you, she hasn't let go yet. So she's investigating and just feeling sorry for herself. She just wants an excuse to talk to you.

That makes sense, back in October she texted my mum (they were really quite close) and was basically asking probing questions back then also, about whether i was seeing someone/moved on etc. You reckon she'll be in touch or you reckon that's the last i've heard from her?

Original post by Rock Fan
Suspect the new guy is a rebound, she called you because she feels guilty and or doesn't want you to move on. Best thing to do is delete her number and cut all forms of contact with her.

He definitely is, she was seeing a different guy 2 weeks ago.. she's become a bit desperate in my opinion. Meanwhile i'm pretty chilled and not really fussed about finding someone new just yet.
Reply 11
I have a sophisticated and complicated explanation for her actions and state of mind:

She was drunk.
That makes sense, back in October she texted my mum (they were really quite close) and was basically asking probing questions back then also, about whether i was seeing someone/moved on etc. You reckon she'll be in touch or you reckon that's the last i've heard from her?

He definitely is, she was seeing a different guy 2 weeks ago.. she's become a bit desperate in my opinion. Meanwhile i'm pretty chilled and not really fussed about finding someone new just yet.

Not quite sure, she may be too embarrassed after the last call if she recalls the conversation. Or she may try again. It all depends. She may give up or not. Depends on her I suppose

If anything message her and talk to her
Do you still have feelings for her? Would you want her back?
Original post by StyleIcon
Do you still have feelings for her? Would you want her back?

I still do to a certain extent. But no i'd never take her back, she's still a liar, I highly doubt she would have told this new guy that she'd been in touch with me. It just bothers me that she's still lingering over my life even though she's been out of it for 4 - 5 months.
She has feelings for you, clearly.
Reply 16
She's with me now OP, stop it. Merry Xmas and such btw.
Yep block her number and block her on social media sites, she cray.
People only drunk text/call the ones they actually care about that's why
Original post by Tom78
She's with me now OP, stop it. Merry Xmas and such btw.

No worries son, careful though, absolute headcase that one :wink:.

Original post by tillytots
People only drunk text/call the ones they actually care about that's why

Haven't heard from her since, don't really get the whole thing to be honest, thought she'd have deleted my number!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending