The Student Room Group

AS Chemistry- helping each other out!

Hello AS Chemistry TSRians!

I thought it would be a good idea to make a thread, where students doing AS Chemistry, post/ask questions, and we could all help each other out?

Teaching another person, also helps you become more confident and you both develop a better understanding. I know there is an A-level chat thread already, but this should be for learning!

There is no such thing as a silly question, so ask away and hopefully, you'll find someone who can help you :biggrin:

I shall also make a list of the Chemistry students, and what exam board they're all on! So please post what exam board you are on, if you are in!

List of the students doing Chemistry!

Spoiler

Lovely helpers!

Spoiler

Reminder and message from our lovely helpers:

When asking a question, please try to include all relevant information, which should mean you are given assistance quicker. And also, try to include what you have already attempted/tried to do(though a lot of people do this already).

Thank you very much! :hugs:

Also, talking about ISA/EMPA specifics is against the rules- read more here.
Those who do, will be reported.

Also beware:

Original post by James A
People in the past have been caught by the exam boards for asking questions and in the rare case have had been noted down by the exam board. Remember that AQA etc moderate here so don't risk it :smile:

Original post by _NMcC_
To all recent

I've just joined recently but apparently AQA and other exam boards moderate these threads so we can't talk about practicals in detail. This is a high-profile thread so they'll probably check and maybe Identify you if you've given away too much info... Other regular users on this thread may have seen them?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Study groups you could join!

OCR A

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/g/st...cr_a_chemistry

Edexcel
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/g/studygroups/edexcel_chemistry_study_group

:elefant::elefant::elefant::elefant::elefant::elefant::elefant::elefant::elefant::elefant:
(edited 8 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Not doing chemistry :tongue:

Good luck tho, like the idea of the thread.
Reply 2
Original post by Jalal Uddin
Not doing chemistry :tongue:

Good luck tho, like the idea of the thread.

Hahah, I was lazy, copy and pasted the list from BBeyonds thread :colondollar:
Thank you!
Hiya, I'm doing OCR B :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by Dinaa
Hello AS Chemistry TSRians!

I thought it would be a good idea to make a thread, where students doing AS Chemistry, post/ask questions, and we could all help each other out?

Teaching another person, also helps you become more confident and you both develop a better understanding. I know there is an A-level chat thread already, but this should be for learning!

There is no such thing as a silly question, so ask away and hopefully, you'll find someone who can help you :biggrin:

I shall also make a list of the Chemistry students, and what exam board they're all on! So please post what exam board you are on, if you are in!

List of the students doing Chemistry!

Spoiler

P.S- If you don't want to, okay, you are not obliged to do so! But please, no rude or offensive comments :tongue:

:elefant::elefant::elefant::elefant::elefant::elefant::elefant::elefant::elefant::elefant:

I can't believe i was not included:cry2::hmpf: Add me onto AQA...
Yeah!!!!! Who loves Organic Chemistry here? :drool: :colone:

Are Charlotte and Lyricalvibe doing Edexcel Chemistry? :curious:
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by BCMFM16
I can't believe i was not included:cry2::hmpf: Add me onto AQA...

:console:
Reply 7
Original post by zhang-liao
Yeah!!!!! Who loves Organic Chemistry here? :drool: :colone:

Are Charlotte and Lyricalvibe doing Edexcel Chemistry? :curious:

I love Organics too! So glad you quoted me to your thread yesterday, otherwise I would have still been clueless!
Feel free to post questions! :tongue:
Original post by Dinaa
I love Organics too! So glad you quoted me to your thread yesterday, otherwise I would have still been clueless!
Feel free to post questions! :tongue:

Organics are the best part of Chemistry :tongue:

You're welcome :console:

Will do if I'm stuck or anything :biggrin:
Howdy folks, I'm on OCR A. Well done on starting the Chem thread! Oh, and season's greetings to you all :smile:
I am doing OCR salter chemistry and would be more than happy to help granted I've learnt the content myself :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by noshahmad
I am doing OCR salter chemistry and would be more than happy to help granted I've learnt the content myself :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Heey its been ages since you were last on TSR :confused:
Hello guys, I am on OCR A, just finished unit 1 and going on to organic chemistry. :smile:
AQA
Thank god for this thread bc one of my teachers is literally useless!
Original post by BCMFM16
Heey its been ages since you were last on TSR :confused:

Hey,

Nah i'm here but I don't post as frequently
How are you?
Everyone does AQA or OCR Chemistry here :cry2: Hardly anyone who ever comes online does Edexcel Chemistry....:frown:

Oh yeah, got a question here for someone to answer, reply back if you found the answer (I know the answer, just testing people...:tongue:) - caught me out when I was practicing:biggrin:

Spoiler

Original post by underestimate
Hello guys, I am on OCR A, just finished unit 1 and going on to organic chemistry. :smile:

I'm on OCR A too :smile:

I've finished Unit 1 and started Unit 2 a few weeks ago.
Reply 17
Everyone does AQA or OCR Chemistry here :cry2: Hardly anyone who ever comes online does Edexcel Chemistry....:frown:

Oh yeah, got a question here for someone to answer, reply back if you found the answer (I know the answer, just testing people...:tongue:) - caught me out when I was practicing:biggrin:

Spoiler

3000 dm3 me thinks, but I may be wrong ..

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by 78Saab
3000 dm3 me thinks, but I may be wrong ..

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yep :biggrin:

Just asking, what board you doing?

Spoiler

Spoiler

Quick Reply

Latest