The Student Room Group

Edexcel psychology advice re practicals as no tutor to ask.

Hi i am self studying A Level psychology and therefore don't have a tutor to confirm that any practical i devise is ethical. Does anyone know if it is allowable to use the practicals discussed in the Edexcel textbook or revision book for the basis of my answers in the exams. Or whether this would be considered cheating or plagiarism?

Anyone in the know on this as i really can't afford to lose that amount of marks in each exam.:frown:
Hey there,

Yes, its perfectly fine to make use of the practicals in the Edexcel textbook/revision book, or even look at markschemes and/or examiner reports from previous exam papers; it is not considered as cheating.

If it helps, you could always examine the specification for Edexcel Psychology and look at what examples of practicals are suggested for each section if you're unsure of what to conduct your practical on (e.g. for cognitive psychology you could conduct a laboratory-based practical examining if cues enhance recall).

I'm currently doing A2 Edexcel Psychology and acquired an A at AS, so I'm certainly open to answering any questions and generally helping out :smile:

I hope this helps ~
Reply 2
Thanks for the reply, i've emailed the exam board to see if they will confirm its ok just to be certain.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending