The Student Room Group

Ed Sheeran appreciation society thread

Poll

What's your favourite Ed Sheeran music video?

Join society here

Welcome to the Ed Sheeran appreciation society thread, the perfect place for fans of the ginger-haired and insanely talented troubadour of unmatched awesomeness to congregate and chat about everything to do with the genius that is Ed Sheeran! I've been a huge fan of Ed's for some time now, and I genuinely think he's the most talented and hard-working musician out there in music right now. I wanted to make this society because I'd love to chat with other hardcore fans on TSR and hear your opinions on him, and perhaps also hear about any occasions where you've seen him in concert (I've yet to see him live, but hopefully I will soon).

By making this society, we might also be able to (hopefully) convince other members of TSR, who aren't yet fans of Ed Sheeran, to fall in love with his music too. I think it'd be awesome if that were to happen, so that sounds like a challenge!

My favourite Ed Sheeran song is 'Thinking out loud'. Here are some of my favourite YouTube videos of Ed's songs:

Spoiler

Spoiler

So anyway, feel free to join the society by clicking the link above, get involved in the discussions within this thread and just generally have a good time! Welcome everyone!
(edited 9 years ago)
I'll join:smile:
I love Thinking out Loud, Tenerife Sea, One, Bloodstream and Photograph. Yeah so basically most of his songs:P
Wouldn't call myself a fan but I do love the video to Thinking Out Loud :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Original post by littleangel9914
I'll join:smile:
I love Thinking out Loud, Tenerife Sea, One, Bloodstream and Photograph. Yeah so basically most of his songs:P

Original post by Afghan Warrior
Wouldn't call myself a fan but I do love the video to Thinking Out Loud :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Welcome guys! Be sure to vote in the poll that I've just made!
Reply 4
Just to let you know, guys, the society hasn't been approved by the mods yet, so the link to the society that I've put in the OP won't work. I'll quote you all when it's been approved!
for all you ed sheeran fans

here's a vid of a not yet famous famous ed sheeran freestyling drunk outside a venue with a white gentleman

Out of the songs you've listed, Small Bump and Give Me Love are my favourites. However I prefer the song below.

[video="youtube;2RN_R3rdvcU"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2RN_R3rdvcU[/video]
Reply 7
Original post by Fidus Achates
Out of the songs you've listed, Small Bump and Give Me Love are my favourites. However I prefer the song below.

[video="youtube;2RN_R3rdvcU"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2RN_R3rdvcU[/video]

I haven't heard that song before, I'm listening to it now and it sounds pretty amazing actually! Is that an official music video though? The options in the poll are just for official music videos, really.
Reply 8
I'd love to see Ed write a Christmas song. I don't like many of the Christmas songs that have already been released.
Original post by lustawny
I haven't heard that song before, I'm listening to it now and it sounds pretty amazing actually! Is that an official music video though? The options in the poll are just for official music videos, really.

There's no official music video for it. This stuff was released pretty much before most people caught on to him. His first album after gaining recognition was + so his stuff before that didn't really gain much attention. Another good track is below.

[video="youtube;i_1P6g4vBK0"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i_1P6g4vBK0[/video]
Small bump, Photograph, Thinking out Loud, Afire Love, Give me Love.
Cold coffee is another good song from his old stuff
Reply 12
Original post by Fidus Achates
There's no official music video for it. This stuff was released pretty much before most people caught on to him. His first album after gaining recognition was + so his stuff before that didn't really gain much attention. Another good track is below.

[video="youtube;i_1P6g4vBK0"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i_1P6g4vBK0[/video]

'Sofa' is a really good song, I love his old EP's. I really like the 'Songs I wrote with Amy' EP, 'She' is my favourite song from that.

There's a live version of it in the OP, but here's the EP version:

Reply 13
So, has anyone seen Ed live in concert then? If so, how was it?
Reply 14

Quick Reply

Latest