The Student Room Group

How does it feel to be extremely attractive?

How does it feel to be extremely attractive? Like when people see you, their eyes widen or their jaws drop and immediately they're nicer to the more attractive person, or they constantly get told how beautiful their eyes or their lips are and are often mistaken for a model? One of my best friends is exactly like this, I love her to pieces but I wonder how it changes ones life. Does this happen to any of you and do you find it annoying or does it boost your ego?

Sorry for the excessive rambling/questions. :P

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
At first you are angry and are initially full of hope so spend hours on internet for any solution. Then after time you accept it and just do what you want. Nothing you can do at the end of the day
One of my best friends is extremely attractive. I wouldn't want to trade places with her because she attracts very shallow people who just use her and most girls don't want to befriend her because they feel threatened by her and think she's going to steal their boyfriend. I'd say its a sad and lonely life. She's been in unhappy short-term relationships because guys just show her off to their friends, then get bored of her real quick and dump her.
It's...It's...It's indescribable. The way people just look at you with such envy that it burns your skin. The way that they either hate you or love you to such extremes. The way women and men alike cling onto their partners out of fear that you'll steal their loved one. It's wonderful.

Lol but seriously, from what I've experienced with friends- it's pretty cool being attractive- I mean one of my friends gets stopped in the street and people say "you're beautiful" to her- no lie- I was with her once and I was like ffs- where is my random "you're beautiful" from a stranger. :lol:

Also they/she gets a lot of free stuff- :/ like guys just buy her expensive gifts etc- and people are just nice to her/ them. Admittedly there are drawbacks people may feel threatened or judge them thinking they're dumb, which isn't always the case.

To be honest, if you play the game right you can live very comfortably without doing anything just by being extremely attractive.
Reply 4
Original post by The Juan
At first you are angry and are initially full of hope so spend hours on internet for any solution. Then after time you accept it and just do what you want. Nothing you can do at the end of the day

But why would they be angry that people find them attractive?
Obviously like totally awesome.

Sadly I'm not extremely attractive but I've done well for myself.
I wish I knew :moon:
Not bad. How's it going for you?
Reply 8
Original post by Trottoir
One of my best friends is extremely attractive. I wouldn't want to trade places with her because she attracts very shallow people who just use her and most girls don't want to befriend her because they feel threatened by her and think she's going to steal their boyfriend. I'd say its a sad and lonely life. She's been in unhappy short-term relationships because guys just show her off to their friends, then get bored of her real quick and dump her.

Yes we had a conversation about this once. She said she never really knows what a guy wants from her, as in if he likes her for who she is inside or he just wants her for one thing, and usually it's the latter.
Reply 9
Original post by High Stakes
Not bad. How's it going for you?

I'm average lol. I do like it though because I blend in pretty easily, would be nice to get noticed every now and again though.
Original post by Anonymous
I'm average lol. I do like it though because I blend in pretty easily, would be nice to get noticed every now and again though.

Well are you a guy or a girl?
Reply 11
But why would they be angry that people find them attractive?

Because it is a curse
Original post by High Stakes
Well are you a guy or a girl?

Girl
Girl

I guess that's understandable. I mean guys have their insecurities as well but girls have it harder (imo).
it is not really a feeling tbh. it is like asking "how does it feel to have curly hair ?" or "how does it feel to have a name which begins with a vowel ?"
post a pic of u and ur friend

then we can compare
I have some really pretty friends. Makes me feel so down just looking at them.
Original post by Trottoir

I appreciate you may be biased as her friend, but what's her personality like?
I imagine the compliments feel wonderful and it does wonders for your self-confidence, but there's undoubtedly a risk of arrogance, placing too much importance on appearances, distrust towards the opposite sex's true intentions and extreme insecurities resulting in a fear of aging or being upstaged by someone prettier. If celebrities are anything to go by, anyway.
Original post by Musie Suzie
I appreciate you may be biased as her friend, but what's her personality like?

She's really nice, and quite sensitive. She's sweet to pretty much everybody but she's also quite naive and trusting so a lot of people take advantage of her. I'm starting to think she really hates the attention now though because she gets quite rude, sexual comments when we go out, guys will talk to me normally, but will eye her up and down and make sexual references and make her feel extremely uncomfortable, in fact a few guys have tried asking her out, only for her to find out they've already got girlfriends so would've just two timed her anyway. She said it's put her off relationships because no guys like her for HER but only because they like her appearance, and I believe her as she's been single longer than I remember, so I agree with one of the posters now who said being attractive can lead to a 'sad and lonely life'.

Quick Reply

Latest