The Student Room Group

Where to get free/cheap cardboard boxes?

I'm moving and I need boxes to move some stuff easily, I know you used to be able to get boxes from ASDA but I don't know if you still can anymore.

Does anyone know where I can get free or cheap boxes to make my life so much easier?
Reply 1
Again, go to supermarkets such as Sainsbury's, Tescos or ASDA, and they should have some spare boxes. If not on view, just ask and they should have a few spare.
Original post by Arkasia
Again, go to supermarkets such as Sainsbury's, Tescos or ASDA, and they should have some spare boxes. If not on view, just ask and they should have a few spare.

Cool, I'll ask them, thank you!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Original post by SweetNothing
Cool, I'll ask them, thank you!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Good luck!
Original post by SweetNothing
I'm moving and I need boxes to move some stuff easily, I know you used to be able to get boxes from ASDA but I don't know if you still can anymore.

Does anyone know where I can get free or cheap boxes to make my life so much easier?

maybe newsagents. i used to be a paperboy once upon a time and every so often i'd help the owner clear the stockroom. often there'd be empty boxes we'd have to make flat pack to save space and eventually chuck out.

so.
Reply 5
Asda, Tesco or Morrisons.
supermarkets if you ask ( they get money back / recycling money which is why they are less likely to leave them out in the way they used to )

fruit and veg shop / market stall

if you know anyone who works in a warehouse that deals withi imports ( one job i';ve had i nthe past was working for a larrge warehouse who held stock for M+S - we'd get up to 12 full containers a day and if it was all boxed clothes that would equate to several thousand cardboard boxes - a loto fthe picking for stores was less than box full and that went into blue plastic totes - so the spare boxes just ended up being baled for recycling - if anyone wanted some they had to get a chit off one of the managers but that was a formality ...
https://boxgiver.com/ has free moving boxes

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending