The Student Room Group

Terrible with girls

Im 16 now and have never a girlfriend. I go to an all boys school and have done so since I was 10 and as such I haven't gotten to know many girls. Today when I was sitting in an after school club I was barely talking to anyone about , well anything. Its like when I get there I don't know what to say and I was really all alone. I just want to know what to do here, what am I meant to say to really strike of a conversation and not have it die like a minute later. Should I move seats to sit next to someone or wait for them to come to me?

Thanks

Scroll to see replies

starting a convo is the hardest part even now i still have trouble.

The thing you need most of all is confidence, a guy with confidence comes across very well and much better than a guy without
Reply 2
go to them homie.

ok so to start with you gotta look confident. Stand up straight and keep your head up, if you look small and hunched over you dont look like a father figure and thats what a girl will generally look for, sometimes without realising it.
To start with just make small talk, tyhis may sound silly but it breaks the ice.
then every now and then, ask how she is, make small talk into bigger talk and then things should start to move along.
Now.... be a man.....ASK HER OUT! this is never easy especially for the 1st time, the worst that can happen is she will say no. Go for it, look confident and be you. And practice safe sex, peace.:smile:
just try and make some female friends. talk to them as if they were guys except with out the matcho banter and the sex talk. then when youve got your confidence up you will be ready to go out and start flirting :wink:
Reply 4
bipersona
then every now and then, ask how she is, make small talk into bigger talk and then things should start to move along.

Q.E.D.
Reply 5
what is this Q.E.D??
Reply 6
bipersona
go to them homie.

Please don't refer to people as homies, especially on the internet.
Reply 7
ok, sorry, can i ask why? i just said it to lighten the mood, make a friendly atmoshere and to relax the troubled soul, i ment no harm in it.
Reply 8
Have you thought about becoming gay? Would solve all your problems. :smile:
Reply 9
i see it as this. these guys are JUST like you. you are not at all inferior to them in anyway. you are 'adam' as much as they are. just chat with them- maybe if they're having a party or something and having girls round, then that's a chance? i'd advise against getting in with a female friendship- because they're generally out for men- you're out for women, i assume- so yeh, just treat them as equals and try and get chatting to them. however, i know this easier said than done.
Reply 10
Just start talking to them about anything, take it from there.
Be confident, but not obvious :wink:
bipersona
what is this Q.E.D??

QED is an abbreviation of the Latin phrase "quod erat demonstrandum" (literally, "which was to be demonstrated").
Reply 12
What I am really lost for topics, what do girls want to talk about, I talk about a whole load of things with guys, (Sports, politics, banter, etc) but the girls dont seem interested.
Reply 13
Ask them about their day...LOL

Seriously now, Im ok with talking to/charming the girls...Well just about. My problem is Im terrible at meeting any and starting a conversation.
Reply 14
Usually you just need to find some common ground with you and a girl, i find that music if the easiest to get chatting to with a boy around, espeshially if you have music on your phone...
Image is an important part of anything, the way people see you. Sit up straight, don't slouch, don't look down, make eye contact and SMILE!
Reply 16
awww bless youu! :hugs:
Anonymous
Im 16 now and have never a girlfriend. I go to an all boys school and have done so since I was 10 and as such I haven't gotten to know many girls. Today when I was sitting in an after school club I was barely talking to anyone about , well anything. Its like when I get there I don't know what to say and I was really all alone. I just want to know what to do here, what am I meant to say to really strike of a conversation and not have it die like a minute later. Should I move seats to sit next to someone or wait for them to come to me?

Thanks

The thing is girls are human too. If you go up to them & talk about the weather outside, they will more than likely converse back to you, If your're in a bar then talk about how long it takes to get served, anything. A conversation is only hard to start: Not to keep up. Christ, ask them about Spider-Man if it suits the mood of where/why/how you are.

Sorry I havent read the whole thread so Im probably talking about something completely different to the rest of you
You're lonely, sitting alone at a table.

Walk up to them "Can I sit here, I'm all lonely over there :p:" with a smile.

It's just so easy. All you need to do is relax. They won't bite you. Talk about whatever comes up.
Reply 19
^^^ Then pull out a dictionary and say; have you ever noticed how words are organised alphabetically in this book?

Latest

Trending

Trending