The Student Room Group

Last minute change in subject choice?

Hey guys,

So I applied on UCAS to do a variety of Music Production related courses at various universities, however I have recently had some doubts about the courses and thinking changing about Media & Communications.

I'm just looking to see if anyone has/is in the same position as me thinking about alternative courses or even if you've been through this before I'd love to hear your experiences! I think it would be beneficial to hear especially as it's so close to the deadline!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by EDea84
Hey guys,

So I applied on UCAS to do a variety of Music Production related courses at various universities, however I have recently had some doubts about the courses and thinking changing about Media & Communications.

I'm just looking to see if anyone has/is in the same position as me thinking about alternative courses or even if you've been through this before I'd love to hear your experiences! I think it would be beneficial to hear especially as it's so close to the deadline!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hey :smile: this happened to me last year, I simply emailed the university I wanted to attend and asked if I could change course. They looked at my application and agreed soon after! If you would like to attend a university that you applied to for the other course, I can't see it being too much of an issue :smile: however, are you thinking of wanting to study the new course at a different university?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Original post by Changing Skies
Hey :smile: this happened to me last year, I simply emailed the university I wanted to attend and asked if I could change course. They looked at my application and agreed soon after! If you would like to attend a university that you applied to for the other course, I can't see it being too much of an issue :smile: however, are you thinking of wanting to study the new course at a different university?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Annoyingly, I am looking at another university. I'm just worried that I wouldn't fully enjoy the course I am applying for, and as the main one I wanted to go to is condensed into two years and I think it's the intensity that is worrying me the most, as I want to enjoy my time at uni which I don't think would happen after thinking about it and looking into other courses.

I also think I would progress better in M&C because I am predicted an A for Media Studies at ALevel. It's just super stressful that I have this change in mind now so close to the deadline haha.
Original post by EDea84
Annoyingly, I am looking at another university. I'm just worried that I wouldn't fully enjoy the course I am applying for, and as the main one I wanted to go to is condensed into two years and I think it's the intensity that is worrying me the most, as I want to enjoy my time at uni which I don't think would happen after thinking about it and looking into other courses.

I also think I would progress better in M&C because I am predicted an A for Media Studies at ALevel. It's just super stressful that I have this change in mind now so close to the deadline haha.

Ah I see :yep: Well it's very important to make sure you're going to enjoy the course you are going to study, so put a lot of thought into your decision :smile:

Have you looked into UCAS Extra?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Original post by Changing Skies
Ah I see :yep: Well it's very important to make sure you're going to enjoy the course you are going to study, so put a lot of thought into your decision :smile:

Have you looked into UCAS Extra?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I've just looked into it and it kind of makes sense, but I'm not 100% sure if you can submit a new personal statement?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by EDea84
I've just looked into it and it kind of makes sense, but I'm not 100% sure if you can submit a new personal statement?

Posted from TSR Mobile

You won't be able to, but you are able to contact a university and see if they'll accept a second, emailed personal statement direct to them.
Reply 6
Original post by loperdoper
You won't be able to, but you are able to contact a university and see if they'll accept a second, emailed personal statement direct to them.

Oh I never knew you could actually do that, I have experience in both fields so I guess that helps.
Thank you!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending