The Student Room Group

MsC Management for non-business graduate?

Hey guys,

Considering applying to a good London-based university (or outside London) next year in order to pursue a Master degree in Management...

I have some questions though:

1. I studied in a European but not UK university where fees are relatively cheap. Compared to London I will probably have to splash about 10 to 15k (or more if I go to Imperial) just for the tuitions where unis in continental Europe can be as cheap as <1k and still being really good ones.

My question then is: What are the advantages of studying in top and pricey UK unis?

2. Grades: are they picky about grades or the fact that I'll have plenty of work experience at the end of the year will help? I really did not achieve high grades during my Bachelor and currently am pursuing a Master degree and might take the GMAT. Will that help for example to get into Cambridge? On a lot of websites they say "Minimum requirements" in a lot of branches. My grades at the moment, are roughly 66%-68% as a "mean" for my results (my uni was difficult, I barely know anybody with over 80% as "mean" in fact only 4-5 students got that grade out of 150) so do minimum requirements really apply?

Thanks guys!
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 1
Anybody? :smile:
Reply 2
Have you considered an MSc Project Management? I am the Head of the Centre for Professional Studies at Royal Holloway, University of London. The Centre has a Project Management programme which is a mixture of theory taught by academics and practical examples by expert practitioners. You will also gain a Prince2 qualification which is industry recognised worldwide.
Royal Holloway has an exceptional careers service which is augmented by the links our lecturers and practitioners have into business. This has lead to a very high level of employment post study. We are approached regularly by companies wishing to employ our students once they have completed their studies. If you want further details let me know.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending