The Student Room Group
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Reply 1
What sort of student irons their clothes?!
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Reply 2
I think I may have ironed my blouse for matriculation.......maybe......
Reply 3
I never ironed my clothes ever.

Top tip. Once tumble dried, immediately fold your clothes and put them away in stacks. They will be fairly good nick when you come to wear them.
Reply 4
RobbieC
I never ironed my clothes ever.

Top tip. Once tumble dried, immediately fold your clothes and put them away in stacks. They will be fairly good nick when you come to wear them.

:ditto:
Shirts etc, always hang with plenty of space in between each item and they will be fine!
Body heat gets out creases, just wear them creased and in a few minutes, creaseless clothes
Becca
I think I may have ironed my blouse for matriculation.......maybe......

I didn't.Ha.

Yes,I was in that laundry room on Sunday and people kept asking ME why it was broken...like I know or something....

But why bother ironing?
if you need something uncreased, hang it up in the shower room whilst you have a shower and the steam will knock the creases out.
cherrychocolate
I didn't.Ha.

Yes,I was in that laundry room on Sunday and people kept asking ME why it was broken...like I know or something....

But why bother ironing?

Yeah but the facility should be available whether students want to use it or not. We have paid (an extortionate amount may I add) to live here. Hope everyone signed that petition a few days ago.
Reply 9
Also your pizzas are overly greasy.

(I kid, it was very nice... if greasy)
Fair point,in which case,has anyone even reported the iron being broken?I'm sure the powers that be aren't psychic...

What petition?Did I miss something?

edg-our pizzas are fine!Hmm.*and I hate pizza*
cherrychocolate

The DSU petition to freeze rent costs.

No they are not!!! I swear one of them gave me food poisoning in first year. Pizza King all the way!
Reply 12
Pizza King = Ming!

Pizza Perfect all the way.:cool:
cherrychocolate
Fair point,in which case,has anyone even reported the iron being broken?I'm sure the powers that be aren't psychic...

I spoke to a porter a few days ago and they've taken the fuse out the fusebox until they get a new iron apparently. :rolleyes:
Reply 14
Mattmoy_2000
if you need something uncreased, hang it up in the shower room whilst you have a shower and the steam will knock the creases out.

If we had more bloody pegs in the showers.....that would be a very good idea.
Lilburn block fails in that department.
Christo
Pizza King = Ming!

Pizza Perfect all the way.:cool:

I want pizza so damn bad right now it's ridiculous.
Reply 16
I have pizza in my freezer, if you're quiet... we could bake and eat. My housemates would never know.

Shhhhhh!:biggrin:
RobbieC
I have pizza in my freezer, if you're quiet... we could bake and eat. My housemates would never know.

Shhhhhh!:biggrin:

*Drools*
Reply 18
Bennus
If we had more bloody pegs in the showers.....that would be a very good idea.
Lilburn block fails in that department.

Pegs = get them from Yorkshire Trading for about 20p.
I've never ironed my clothes, at home, in college or as a liver out.

Hang them out to dry and wear them :smile:

Ian

Latest

Trending

Trending