The Student Room Group

Psychology A Level: AQA A - Case Studies

Is it important that I remember the procedures of each case study or not? What I mean is, do I need to learn the procedural points thoroughly? Because I don't think you need to write about how a study was done, you just write their aims and findings, right? But you can bring these points in when evaluating. Is this so?

I'm sorry for not structuring this question clearly.

Any help will be much appreciated :smile:
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 1
I agree with the post above, but I think that you only need to remember parts of the study that are relevant and that you'll evaluate. E.g. Sample size only if you're going to talk about generalising or how participants were deceived with confederates only if you're going to talk about deception as an ethical problem. Although you can obviously talk about those as AO2 points without mentioning those in your description of the study.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 2
That's really helpful :biggrin: thank you so much :biggrin:
Oh no definitely not!! I'm not sure if you're doing AS or A2, but I'll give you an example of what I did when describing case studies and I got an A in my AS.
-name of researcher
-name of person case study on
-the issue in question
-outcome for the person
-relate findings back to what the question is asking

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Original post by Pinkberry_y
Oh no definitely not!! I'm not sure if you're doing AS or A2, but I'll give you an example of what I did when describing case studies and I got an A in my AS.
-name of researcher
-name of person case study on
-the issue in question
-outcome for the person
-relate findings back to what the question is asking

Posted from TSR Mobile

Sorry for not stating that I'm doing AS at the moment, but thank you very much and well done with your A grade :biggrin:.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending