The Student Room Group

Driving test in two days!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Shae_28
I think he should of let it slide and passed you because he contradicted himself and said at the time it was ok.

And i hope i dont get him next time, ive LITERALLY just checked online and found an earlier slot for 12th jan at 11am so ill be doing mine then! Ill let you know how it goes! yours is the 2nd right?

Same but then again I think I should have passed them all :wink: haha. But that particular one, I agree. But what can you do aye.

Oh nice, let me know how it goes. It's nice to know how people get on :smile: and their experience. Yeah, 2nd at 2.30pm. Fingers crossed lol!

I should just take a test in my hometown Maidstone lol. Know the roads like the back of my hands!
Passed :smile:! 3 Minors.
Reply 22
Original post by jamesmpollard
Passed :smile:! 3 Minors.

WELL DONE!!! So happy for you! :biggrin:
Original post by Shae_28
WELL DONE!!! So happy for you! :biggrin:

Thank you, thank you *bows*. Now it's just the car & insurance OUCH! lol. Let me know how you get on as well and just remember, you can do it. Just think of it like it's your car, your the taxi and he is the passenger. You must be a good driver for your instructor to have put you forward so I have faith in your ability!
Reply 24
Thank you, thank you *bows*. Now it's just the car & insurance OUCH! lol. Let me know how you get on as well and just remember, you can do it. Just think of it like it's your car, your the taxi and he is the passenger. You must be a good driver for your instructor to have put you forward so I have faith in your ability!

try tiger.co.uk i got mine down to £1,500 with a box but no time or mileage limits :smile: and i will do, iv had to change it to the 30th because someone else had booked theres for the same day same time at a different place :/

But thanks for the advice, and well done again! :biggrin:
Reply 25
I'm currently creating a resource that gives you good tips regarding the process of learning how to drive,you can check it out at drivingtestzone.com

Posted from TSR Mobile
Shae, how did your test go?
Reply 27
Shae, how did your test go?

I failed, a lorry was covering the traffic lights to turn left and i had to turn right, they were on green coming down the hill but i couldnt see by the time i got to the bottom so i slowed down but the invigilator put his foot on the break so its an automatic fail :/
Reply 28
Original post by Shae_28
I failed, a lorry was covering the traffic lights to turn left and i had to turn right, they were on green coming down the hill but i couldnt see by the time i got to the bottom so i slowed down but the invigilator put his foot on the break so its an automatic fail :/

Don't give up.
Reply 29
Original post by leesh22
Don't give up.

Maybe it was just a sign it wasnt meant to be
But Ive booked back in :smile:
Reply 30
Original post by Shae_28
Maybe it was just a sign it wasnt meant to be
But Ive booked back in :smile:

Good good :smile:
Original post by Shae_28

Ah, I'm sorry to hear that. It's horrible when it's over something so trivial. But I'm really glad to see that you've booked another and that you aren't giving up! Let me know how the next is and keep pushing towards it.
Reply 32
Ah, I'm sorry to hear that. It's horrible when it's over something so trivial. But I'm really glad to see that you've booked another and that you aren't giving up! Let me know how the next is and keep pushing towards it.

I will do its not too far away only its at a different test centre and is known to have the lowest pass rate in the region only its quicker to get (obviously because nobody want to go there) but i need to pass before end of march and earliest date and the one i went to before is 23rd March and im already gone by then :/

But ill just see how it goes and let you know :smile:
Original post by Shae_28
I will do its not too far away only its at a different test centre and is known to have the lowest pass rate in the region only its quicker to get (obviously because nobody want to go there) but i need to pass before end of march and earliest date and the one i went to before is 23rd March and im already gone by then :/

But ill just see how it goes and let you know :smile:

Don't let that scare you at all. There's usually a reason for why it has a low pass rate, there's maybe somewhere they take all learners that's a very tricky place. Usually some sort of trap to make people fail - they've got numbers to stick to lol. Just do some research on the area. A test is 40 minutes and no more than 48. So Google Map the test centre and have a look at 20-24 minutes in every direction away from it, that will usually be the furthest away they'll take you.

Because they only allow you to book another test minimum 10 days after the last the test date you have booked will put you on the limit for the end of March lol. If all else fails take a nice trip to The Isle of Sky in Scotland. Just under 100% pass rate with a total of tops 30 people there per year lol. But anyhow, yeah let me know how it goes!
Reply 34
Don't let that scare you at all. There's usually a reason for why it has a low pass rate, there's maybe somewhere they take all learners that's a very tricky place. Usually some sort of trap to make people fail - they've got numbers to stick to lol. Just do some research on the area. A test is 40 minutes and no more than 48. So Google Map the test centre and have a look at 20-24 minutes in every direction away from it, that will usually be the furthest away they'll take you.

Because they only allow you to book another test minimum 10 days after the last the test date you have booked will put you on the limit for the end of March lol. If all else fails take a nice trip to The Isle of Sky in Scotland. Just under 100% pass rate with a total of tops 30 people there per year lol. But anyhow, yeah let me know how it goes!

Thanks for the advice! :smile: And well id have chance to do another 3 before then if it all goes wrong haha. I might actually take a trip to scotland then.. doesnt sound too bad. I could make it a holiday lmao
Original post by Shae_28
Thanks for the advice! :smile: And well id have chance to do another 3 before then if it all goes wrong haha. I might actually take a trip to scotland then.. doesnt sound too bad. I could make it a holiday lmao

Ah, my pleasure. Anytime. Haha! If it take's 3 more goes, who cares. The most important thing is getting the license at the end of it all.

Don't blame you, it's actually a beautiful place, I was considering doing the same lmfao. But I took my test in Durham and I must say, it was pretty smooth, relaxed and straight forward.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending